SAE sun bump

Old July 27th 03, 10:24 PM
Doggo

Default SAE sun bump

I recently read in CW about a bump on the sun on the '03 SAE. I don't have
a bump on the two I have. Does anyone have da' bump?

Ed

Old July 28th 03, 04:49 AM
Linda

Well, you made me look, lol! The sun on my PR68 from PCGS is smooth as a
baby's behind, no bump. I think I feel deprived.

"Alan & Erin Williams" wrote in message
Nooker wrote:

The PCGS Collectors Club Edition that I got (MS68) has the bump,

although
not as obvious as the pictures shown in Collector's Clearinghouse, July

28
edition.

oh ya, I think this is for the bullion coins only, not the proof SAE.

Mark

The CW item mentioned that the Proof had a similar, though fainter,
bump, IIRC.

Alan
'still reading the library copy'

Old July 28th 03, 05:59 AM
BobbyShaw

I recently read in CW about a bump on the sun on the '03 SAE. I don't have
a bump on the two I have. Does anyone have da' bump?

Ed

You made me look, and yes, it appears I have the bump on my 2003 SAE. Here, I
took a pictu

http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/2003SAEsun.jpg

Woah, what's that in the upper right of the picture? ...looking at the actual
coin... There are two parallel scratches right there in the lines of the
dress. They don't look as bad as the picture made them, but they are there.
Never noticed them before :-( The hazards of taking LARGE closeup digital
images of your coins I guess! The thing looked flawless when I bought it. Not
a mark in any fields on either side. Guess I need to start bringing my loupe
to the coin store!

Robert Shaw
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html

Old July 28th 03, 09:14 PM
gogu

Ο "Doggo" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
I recently read in CW about a bump on the sun on the '03 SAE. I don't have
a bump on the two I have. Does anyone have da' bump?

I think I do.
It's more a "wave" than a bump, though...

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!

Ed

Old July 29th 03, 12:28 AM
Linda

When we're speaking "bump," do you mean a raised surface in the sun part or
something in the design area of the coin itself?

"john" wrote in message
om...
"Doggo" wrote in message

I recently read in CW about a bump on the sun on the '03 SAE. I don't

have
a bump on the two I have. Does anyone have da' bump?

Ed

My two SAEs have the bump! Wow, this never happens to me. I always
get the "common" stuff.

Hey, maybe the non-bump sun is the rarity, in which case, I have the
common stuff. Again. sigh

john

Old July 29th 03, 12:28 AM
Doggo

"BobbyShaw" wrote in message

[...]

I'm with Linda on the "Well, call me stupid, I don't see the bump." I don't
see it on your pic, but the CW article bump looked huge.

Ed

Old July 29th 03, 05:59 PM
Edward McGrath

I bought 6 Proof SAEs and I only have one with a circular bump to the
left of the sun, I never noticed that before it was mentioned in this
thread. I have another proof SAE that has a ripple that covers the
entire smooth front surface of the coin, I noticed it the minute I
looked at it for the first time. The other 4 SAEs are normal.