Tech Help: Seeburg AY100 - Pulse Transformer Question

Old March 3rd 10, 11:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Corvette Bob

Default Tech Help: Seeburg AY100 - Pulse Transformer Question

Hi Guys,
Just starting my rebuild of the receiver and when I opened the pulse
amp box, I noticed a small piece of plastic fall out. It's a piece of
the pulse transformer - part # 303457 & component listing of T502. The
interior of the transformer looks all right, nothing lose or hanging
out. I opened the circuit and measured 9.1 ohms from the output
{winding point 4} of the transformer to ground and 0.5 ohm from the
input {winding point 2} of the transformer to ground. The first
measurement seems fine but not sure about the second measurement.
Anyone ever check this before? I understand that jukeboxparts.com
might have these. If this part checks out ok, do you think I could
just epoxy the piece that feel out or go with a new part? I keep
finding these little delays and guess that's to be expected. Thanks
for any advice you can give me. Also, I've been using Simple Green
and a brush to clean the area where I'm going to be replacing parts.
Is this OK? I think I've read others using this without problems.
Bob
Old March 6th 10, 11:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
rich in texas

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 15:34:55 -0800, Corvette Bob wrote:

[...]

I would just buy another pulse amp. A fair price would be about $25.00.
Simple green is ok to clean the pulse amp. In order for it to cut the
Nicotine build up you might have to use it full strength. rinse it out
using warm water and put it in front of a fan to dry it out. Once the
core in the pulse transformer is cracked it just will non work reliably
anymore.

Rich in Texas

Old March 12th 10, 07:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Corvette Bob

Hi Rich,
Thanks for your reply. I'll start checking out some pulse amps.
The transformer is positioned at the lowest level in the box and I
just hated to proceed and then have to come back and do it all over
again. So I'll change it out and not worry about it.
Bob

Old May 23rd 10, 09:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
C.G. Learn

Default To Rich in Texas or anyone

I am hoping this is the right Rich, if not, please, anyone jump in. I am
looking for the 2 selenium diodes for the AVC circuit (CR101 & CR102) for a
Seeburg SHFA-1 amp. It was written in your web site the following "The only
other thing that I do today is to use a matched set of (Voltage Forward) ECG
115 or 114 selenium diodes." My question, does anyone know where I can find
these. As always, thanks to the group for any help, it's always appreciated.

Old May 23rd 10, 10:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Philip Nasadowski

In article ,
"C.G. Learn" wrote:

I am hoping this is the right Rich, if not, please, anyone jump in. I am
looking for the 2 selenium diodes for the AVC circuit (CR101 & CR102) for a
Seeburg SHFA-1 amp. It was written in your web site the following "The only
other thing that I do today is to use a matched set of (Voltage Forward) ECG
115 or 114 selenium diodes." My question, does anyone know where I can find
these. As always, thanks to the group for any help, it's always appreciated.

http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/ecg.html

I'm sure there's other sources. Phillips/ECG was a popular line years
ago, though not as much as NTE. if here's an NTE cross # for it, you're
golden - NTE distributors are everywhere and seem to be able to get
anything from the catalog.
Old May 24th 10, 07:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
DesotoFireflite[_2_]

Thanks. I checked a lot of sources and came up dry as they are discontinued.
After I wrote the note, I found a source online named Kens Electronics that
deals with discontinued items, and bought 4 of them since I have 2 amps.
Thanks for the response.

- C.G. Learn
- Valhalla Home Services!
- Telnet://valhalla.synchro.net

- A Gamers Paradise - Over 100 Registered Online Game Doors!

On 5/23/10 5:24 PM, in article
, "Philip Nasadowski"
Flexed Their Fingers To The Keyboard And Wrote The Following Useless
Dribble: