new vero enforcement books on ebay alcoholics anonymous collectible books

Old February 24th 04, 04:19 AM
diaz

Default new vero enforcement books on ebay alcoholics anonymous collectible books

Both of the auctions below contain the words "alcoholics" and "anonymous".

A search on eBay for "Alcoholics Anonymous" would find this auction.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS is a federally registered trademark and using the mark,

with or without other wording, is infringing.

LXXXXXXn

We represent Alcoholics Anonymous World Services with respect to trademark
and copyright matters.
We requested that your particular listing be removed because of the use of
either, or both, ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS or AA in the title of the item. Both
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS and AA are federally registered trademarks owned by
AAWS. We requested removal because the use of those marks in the title
suggests that AAWS sponsors, approves, etc. the item you listed. The item
listed is not approved AAWS material.

LDDDDDgFFFSDDDD, Pv LLC

Washington, DC 20000

So why are you telling us?

Old February 24th 04, 02:01 PM
Cathy Krusberg

Eric Bustad wrote:
diaz wrote:

[VeRO gone insane snipped]

So why are you telling us?

Maybe because anyone who might use eBay to offer
books with similar descriptions deserves fair
warning -- which eBay certainly won't provide.

Tomorrow we won't be able to put the terms "windows"
or "word" in auctions without bringing down the VeRO
of Mr. Gates upon our heads. Sheesh.

diaz, let us known how this nonsense turns out.