Seeburg Model 100R Laminate Kit

Old December 1st 04, 03:17 AM
Wayne

Default Seeburg Model 100R Laminate Kit

I recently purchased a laminate kit for my 100R that im restoring, i
thought it would be easier and save me time in finishing my project.
Upon receiving it i opened it imediately and noticed that the two
white sides had the tips broken off, they were damaged during
shipping, i immediately called the person that i bought them from and
reported it, he said he would contact the person that makes them for
him and i would be sent two more to replace it, i then asked him who
i should send the broken ones too, he said don`t worry about it,
discard them, i thought it was a done deal, so i did discard them,
my mistake was by what he said i threw out the box also, a week later
i get a letter from him, giving me the number of the guy that makes
them for him, i called him, he wanted over a hundred dollars for two
new pieces, that puts it up to around 400. He said i have to turn it
into the insurance with the shipping company. i then called the
person i bought them from, he said that there was nothing he could do
about it, He did offer to split the extra cost with me, i guess thats
something, its only about 15 dollars worth of laminate, and i guess i
got to the point where im not gonna pay anymore for something that was
not packaged properly. Yep im disgusted, and to make matters worse
when i started to put the laminate on my juke, i noticed that a lot of
the pieces were not cut right. for instance, if you get a kit make
sure you don`t glue them down without making sure they fit properly,
the four pices that go between the glass are too wide. you will never
get your chrome piece in that goes against the grill cloth on, and the
top of the toe kicks are an 1/8 of an inch too narrow, i could go on
but you have heard enough, I just want to say i bought enough
laminate for just over a hundred dollars to do at least three jukes,
i will take my time and make the pieces properly. JUST BEWARE OF WHAT
YOU GET, CHECK IT OUT, AND WHATEVER YOU DO, SAVE YOUR BOX.
(DISGUSTED)
Old December 1st 04, 07:26 AM
Craig Bellamy

Wayne,
Sorry you had such a hassle! But you might have saved me. I was about to
order same. But maybe I'll go your final route and do my own. I thought the
price he asks is absurd even if they were perfect fitting! Are you saying
you purchased bulk laminate and cut it yourself? If so, what brand, colors,
grade did you order and what did you use to cut it with? Thanks for the
help!
Craig

Old December 1st 04, 04:07 PM
Philip Nasadowski

Out of morbid curiosity, any hints on who this ill fittig laminate guy
is. Not asking for the name, just some hints who it is...
Old December 1st 04, 10:31 PM
RC

Posting the vendors name will help others avoid shoddy parts.
Im working on an R and was thinking of going this way,
but after this post have decided against it.
The vendor can defend himself if he thinks has in the right,
but I would like to know who does not stand behind their product.