Wurlitzer New York, New York

Old October 7th 08, 05:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
blousteau

Default Wurlitzer New York, New York

I picked up a New York, New York and it works fine except I am having
a problem with the left channel. The unit will play fine for about 30
min....once the cd starts spinning the mute will turn off and both
leds on the amp board will light up and the relays will click and you
will hear sound. Then after about 30 min of playing the left channel
led will go out and the relay will unclick, the right will stay on and
keep making sound. Sometimes if you hit the mute on the remote
control a few times the left led will slowly come on and the relay
will click and you will get sound on the left side. If you manually
trip the relay the sound is perfect. I think it has something to do
with the Mute on that side, but I am at a total loss on what or where
to check. The power supply is putting out fine, as per the label on
the unit. I have noticed that the top bubblers and the spinning cd do
not work. The bottom ones do, and when I check the voltage going to
the board on the door (for the lights and bubbles) one side has 2
volts and the other has 27 volts. Not sure if it is related or not.
My transformer also hums sometimes but does not seem to cause the left
mute problem. I have checked all fuses, and voltages that I can come
up with. I am begenning to wonder if it is something on the board
itself. Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this, this is
a cool unit with good sound. Thanks in advance!!!!!!
Old October 9th 08, 01:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

blousteau wrote:
[...]

Which amp does your machine have? That will help with troubleshooting! I
do not think the voltage problems you are describing have anything to do
with the fading volume.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old October 9th 08, 07:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
blousteau

--
* * (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the newsgroup)
* John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9

I have two others that are in pieces and I was able to take the
transformer out of one and swap it out, that got rid of the loud
buzzing from the transformer, It also seems to have fixed the mute
issue I was having, which is great but brings up another problem.
This may be normal too, I am just not that farmiliar with Wurlitzer
boxes, My family has a vending business and we have mostly Rowe boxes
and a few Seeburg. Our tech doesn't work on our personal stuff, much
less Wurlitzers, he basically thinks the ones we are are garbage I
disagree. Now I have a slight hum, and this might sound crazy, but if
I flip up the cover (where the f91 board is on top of the other board,
hope that makes sense) the hum will go away but as soon as I close the
cover the hum comes back. it is obviously picking up some emi, but
where, and how to get rid of it is the question now? This thing has
the F91 amp.

Old October 9th 08, 11:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

blousteau wrote:
[...]

The F91 was Wurlitzers' high power amp, I have not had much experience
with it, but a hum problem often indicates the lack of a good
ground/common connection or noise from florescent lights. Try unplugging
all the lights to see if the hum goes away...if it does you might have a
CD signal cable with a broken ground lead.

I have schematics of the F91 amp if you need that...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old October 10th 08, 12:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
blousteau

blousteau wrote:
[...]

The schematics would help alot. I have noticed that the ground on the
AC plug is cut off, but I will check all the grounds elsewhere. The
Shcematics would help alot with that too!