Piers Anthony - Bearing an Hourglass

Old September 10th 03, 04:55 AM
my-wings

Default Piers Anthony - Bearing an Hourglass

I'm wondering if I have a book club edition of this book. Ordinarily I would
assume "yes" because my book has no price on the jacket, but after perusing
the entries at AddALL, I'm not sure. Several books on AddALL having 311 or
299 pages were identified as BCEs. My book has 293 pages.

This is a Del Rey/Ballantine book. The reverse title states:
First edition: April 1984. The number line is complete, beginning at "1".
The ISBN is 345-31314-3. The ISBN, rather than a short number, is on the
back cover. Many dealers seem to be listing this book as the first edition,
but they say nothing of the presence of absence of a price on the jacket.
Could I have a first, even though there is no price on the jacket?

Thanks....

Alice

Old September 12th 03, 03:24 PM
my-wings

"Jon Meyers" wrote in message
"my-wings" wrote...
Could I have a first, even though there is no price on the jacket?

I replied to this a couple days ago, but it doesn't seem to have made it
through...

It is highly unlikely you have first. I found this eBay listing, in which
the seller mentions the dj price:

That pretty much settles it then. I'm going to have to add eBay to my list
of book research places. (Seems such an obvious choice, now that you've done
it for me!)

Thanks
Alice

Old September 13th 03, 07:11 PM
my-wings

"MindElec" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:24:05 GMT, "my-wings"
declared:

"my-wings" wrote...
Could I have a first, even though there is no price on the jacket?

i just checked my copy, it has a price.

Thanks for the confirmation, Robert. I appreciate your taking the trouble to
look!

Alice