Seeburg V200, stepper problems

Old October 15th 08, 12:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
EmTee

Default Seeburg V200, stepper problems

I have been trying to figure out a problem with this thing, the letter
step will miss a step 50% of the time, the number step will miss
80-90% of the time, mostly occurs when you select the higher numbers,
& letters, usually A,B,C, and 1-4 selections are 97% correct anything
higher, theres problems, (the fault is consistant with the stepper,
(TSR-1L6), I've had 3 different wallboxes connected to it,(they all
work fine on a 201 i have) ), tubes have been tasted, moved around,
the SR has been recaped, retifier. Stumped! Any ideas? Help would be
great, Thanks, Mike.
Old October 15th 08, 01:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Oct 15, 4:10�am, EmTee wrote:
I have been trying to figure out a problem with this thing, the letter
step will miss a step 50% of the time, the number step will miss
80-90% of the time, mostly occurs when you select the higher numbers,
& letters, usually A,B,C, and 1-4 selections are 97% correct anything
higher, theres problems, (the fault is consistant with the stepper,
(TSR-1L6), I've had 3 different wallboxes connected to it,(they all
work fine on a 201 i have) ), tubes have been tasted, moved around,
the SR has been recaped, retifier. Stumped! Any ideas? Help would be
great, Thanks, Mike.

When recapping the TSR, did you also replace the big oil filled
capacitor? It is the one that is hodden in a metal box looking cover
on the left center of the TSR looking at it from the rear with the
back metal door removed. Vern Tisdale sells a motor start capacitor
that works well as a replacement. This capacitor works with the
pulsing of the stepper coils. the problem you describe is identical
to the problem I had with both my V and VL, and replacing this
capacitor has my wallboxes selecting properly 100% of the time. When
this capacitor is bad, the more counts the stepper has to make, the
more fouled the selection gets as it is missing stepper counts.
Bill in Tacoma WA