I cant believe this one ! (ebay)

Old June 25th 03, 11:57 PM
KLR

Default I cant believe this one ! (ebay)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....category=57 5
Old June 26th 03, 03:32 AM
Don Lanway

Those Aussies know how to party..........

"Ken In Texas" wrote in message
ouch!

KLR wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....96&category=57
5

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

---

Old June 26th 03, 03:40 AM
Keith Stelter

I just hope that this newsgroup isn't going to turn into the "look at this
Ebay auction" fest that the pinball newsgroup has become!
I can't understand the need to point out that some people are stupid enough
to list items at 5 times their value, and that others are even MORE stupid
for paying those prices!

Old June 26th 03, 04:01 PM
Steve Sears

Conjures up visions of the movie "The Piano" - except with a juke in the
place of the Grand piano, lugging it across a windswept beach.........and
you thought the starting price was prohibitive, wait until you get the bill
from the Maori porters who will lug it back to the beach ....
Maybe hammer_007 (see the seller's feedback) ticked the porters off and they
threw the juke overboard on the way to the ship??
Hey, it's his auction....ya price it to sell, or price it to keep.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1952 Rock-ola 1434 Super Rocket
(SPAM Blocker Note: Remove SHOES to reply)

Old June 26th 03, 04:58 PM
ThomasTeeter

I don't think there is any harm here... A few good laughs are always
good. Not to mention the fact that auctions like these point out just
how dumb and gullible some people can be. We mustn't forget this fact
becaus these people can actually vote! Be afraid. Be very afraid!
Besides, I have one of these "rare" (hehehe) gems sitting in my living
room right now. Never hurts to know what I might be able to get for
it! If I sell a few of these at that price, I'm looking at early
retirement!

Thomas

Old June 27th 03, 12:15 AM
KLR

"Don Lanway" wrote in message
Those Aussies know how to party..........

"Ken In Texas" wrote in message
ouch!

Im sorry if posting that has upset you. Thought it would be of
interest and even more so if by some fluke it actually sells

On the other hand I can recall 15 years ago when you couldn't give
away 1950-60's models of jukes. 10 years after that they start to
sell for a fortune.

If this has started happening with early 80's stuff - then I would
like to know about it so I can start early retirement from selling it

I note that the seller is in Toowoomba. Maybe the freezing cold and
being around country rednecks there has affected his brain ? LOL.
Old June 27th 03, 02:51 AM
Ken In Texas

I dont think a post like this hurts anything. Not all of us look at
ebay auctions very often

Old June 27th 03, 03:10 AM
Jjmscf

I've got a Rockola Supersound 2 I said I would never sell but if someone
offered me $4800 for it I'd sell it quick.If I could get that kind of return on
jukeboxes I wouldn't need my day job.Could get rich buying jukeboxes for $200
and getting $4800.Lol...I guess the reality is I got a bout 30 more years on
the job unless I hit the lottery.
Old June 27th 03, 07:52 AM
Don Lanway

On the other hand I can recall 15 years ago when you couldn't give
away 1950-60's models of jukes. 10 years after that they start to
sell for a fortune.

Fifties mebbe... but most sixties machines are still hard to sell...
seventies machines I can't give away... now 80's Rowe and Rockola machines,
those sell well, because they have great sound systems and parts are readily
available.
Especially Rowe R89 and later. Still well under a grand a throw though.
Hell CD machines are going for under a grand on Ebay.

If this has started happening with early 80's stuff - then I would
like to know about it so I can start early retirement from selling it

I note that the seller is in Toowoomba. Maybe the freezing cold and
being around country rednecks there has affected his brain ? LOL.

Keep in mind those are Aussie dollars.. so he's only five times higher than
he should be, rather than ten, LOL

Don
Oregon Jukebox

---