How can they mess up the new gold coin so badly?

Old April 27th 05, 11:56 PM

Default How can they mess up the new gold coin so badly?

Yeah I love the idea of a .9999 24 karat gold coin but boring first
ladies? These coins are suppose to appeal to the international
community and who wants to look at first ladies? How about American
animals, grizzly, buffalo, wolf, bald eagle, ground hog, wolverine,
mountain lion, chinook, mallard, elk....etc. Symbols of the zodiac or
chinese new year animals make more sense than this. Who thought up this
lame idea and can it be stopped and replaced with somthing better. It
is so disapointing

Old April 28th 05, 12:21 AM
Bob Flaminio

Anita wrote:
If the gold coin is being struck to raise money, I think it is a bad
choice to consider another SBA. Maybe if the artists dressed the first
ladies up as Liberty it would work.

That's the biggest problem of these First Lady coins -- have you *seen*
some of the first ladies? While a Jackie Kennedy coin might be quite
fetching, I don't think anyone's looking forward to a Carrie Harrison
coin. Putting their horrific visages on pure gold just adds insult to
injury.

--
Bob

Old April 28th 05, 12:23 AM

Good points. I would rather have just one symbol like the maple leaf or
eagle or liberty in 24k than a bunch of non famous spouses. How about
Babe Ruth or explorers of north America, or the Mayflower? A
collection of first lady stamps would be o.k but it does not belong on
24 k gold coins aimed at the world.

Old April 28th 05, 12:28 AM

Yes Bob your right, many of these ladies are more attractive than Susan
B. How about portraits of all the signers of the declaration of
independance or famous American generals instead?- Anything but this.

Old April 28th 05, 12:34 AM
howard

I would like to be able to send individual photos of family, charlie manson,
squeeky, and other notorious people, to the mint ( of course for an extra
price) to be cast in gold coins. There is no limitations to the photos that
can be put on a coin............
Everything is collectible to someone!
GBush could even resurrect the "deck of cards" and have those faces cast on
a coin

Old April 28th 05, 12:36 AM
A.E. Gelat

There is an easy solution. Let anyone wanting a pure gold medal commission
one himself, using his own likeness, and sell for his own profit. Leave the
coinage to circulating coins.

Tony

oups.com...

Old April 28th 05, 12:45 AM

I don't know about serial killers but Marilyn Monroe might be o.k. - I
bet famous musicians would have much more demand then first ladies.
BB King, Buddy H, Hendrix, Nat K C.etc. The politically correct mints
have gone to far! at least those with bad taste are interesting. I can
not think of a more boring series and many of these ladies are homely.