A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rockola princess 1493

Old April 20th 18, 02:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Rockola princess 1493

I just bought a princess juke 1493 not working. The grabber was over the turntable. The turntable was spinning. I cleaned the mechanism under the turntable and the grabber returned to the magazine and loaded and put away records properly until it stored itself and the magazine returned to it resting position. And the scan lever worked properly. Great! I thought. So I punched in a selection, but the read in cartridge would just turn, never stopping at the selection. So I shut off power and cleaned the contacts of both read in and read out. When I turned power back on. The turntable was back to spinning, and scan lever didn't move the record magazine. So what should I look at now?
Ads
Old April 22nd 18, 12:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Okay, I read up on the forums and I found that the motor was bound up. So I got the motor free cleaned the old grease and greased and oiled it and now that's actually working pretty good. So I'm back to the original problem that when I push the selection buttons the reading cartridge just circles it never stops I've tried cleaning the contacts, and I'm going to clean them again. So what's next
Old April 22nd 18, 12:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Okay, I found that the motor was bound up so I cleaned the old grease, regreased and oiled the mechanism and now it's working well. Back to the original problem of the read in cartridge just spins circles when the selection buttons are pushed. I cleaned the contacts once, I'll clean them again. What else would cause that problem.
Old April 22nd 18, 09:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Ok, I took off the selector wheel and cleaned it and all the wipes. And now B1 is the only selection the write in carriage will stop for. It loads the record, but the pin doesn't get reset. All other selections cause the write in carriage to spin endlessly. Now what?
Old April 23rd 18, 02:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Thanks, I will do that.
Old April 23rd 18, 03:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I checked out that site. I have the service and parts manual. I didn't see a troubleshooting manual for the 1493.