Turkish Constantinople City post - help please

Old July 7th 10, 11:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Bridgwater[_2_]

Default Turkish Constantinople City post - help please

Apologies - my take was it was better to post a link to where the
information was than to post it up multiple times (it means there is only
one place to go to edit/update later). My original fault was probably in
posting the question here before allowing sufficient time for an answer
where I'd originally posted it (Stampboards).

BTW I also asked the question of the OPAL society
(http://www.mclstamps.co.uk/opal/opalhome.html)
and have since received numerous answers that I'm still digesting and
that complicate the issue beyond the "simple" Michel listing.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...urkeySehir.jpg
shows six types rather than the 4 from Michel.
(I must remember to go and post this up on Stampboards too !).

Regards,
Nick

"Blair (TC)" wrote in
:

On Jul 3, 4:41*am, Asia-translation
wrote:
On Jul 2, 3:58*am, "Victor Manta" wrote:

When I opened Nick's link, I could read in the center of the
page:http:

//www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19915&p=784799&e=784799

"Login. You have been notified about this topic, please login to
view i

t."

The language barrier, perhaps? For me eventually but why for Blair
too?

:-)

Being a Stampboards member, I don't receive the message when I click
on the link.

Perhaps going to stampboards.com and using the Search function to
find the relevant page might help. *I do know that there are many
lurkers on Stampboards, who have never registered, yet seem to be
able to access it without difficulty.

Tony

I am quite capable of joining Stampboards and other sites.
However, in the last few years I was on too m,any sites and reduced
the number.

The point I was trying to make was one of common courtesy.
If you you ask a question in several fora and get a reply in two or
more,
then I was taught that it was courteous to post the final reply take
the
final (or best) response to the question and repost it to groups where
had had at least one reply.

Am I just too old fashioned?

Blair

post

Old July 7th 10, 06:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

wrote:
[...]

Thanks Nick. Yes, that OPAL group can give one
VERY thorough answers at times. I'm also a member.

Cheers
Blair