New Site: Communism on Postal Stamps

Old August 10th 03, 06:22 PM
Victor Manta

Default New Site: Communism on Postal Stamps

http://www.values.ch/Communism/

I will extend as much as possible this site, which I consider the most
important of all those many that I have created during the last eight years.
It will probably be the last big one, and in a certain sense "the swan song
of my philatelic webmaster's soul".

I will be very grateful to anyone of you who could send me related scans.
TIA.

Victor Manta
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
1900 Links Online: http://pwmo.org/weblinks/links.asp
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

Old August 11th 03, 05:54 PM
Victor Manta

"Didier Cuidet" wrote in message
Le Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:22:41 +0200, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"Victor Manta" a écrit :

http://www.values.ch/Communism/

Just rename your site « anti-communism », it would be clearer.

--
DC

Bonsoir,

I wonder why should I rename my site.

It is mainly about the "Communism on Stamps", and not about the
"Anti-communism on Stamps". It is based on freedom thinking, and not on
anti-communism (just to explain this, a fascists is often an anti-communist,
but this doesn't make of him an adept of liberty).

Old August 11th 03, 09:16 PM
Didier Cuidet

"Victor Manta" a écrit :

http://www.values.ch/Communism/

Just rename your site « anti-communism », it would be clearer.

Bonsoir,

Bonsoir

I wonder why should I rename my site.

Because your purpose is to show in this site how communism is ugly.

--
DC
Old August 12th 03, 04:22 AM
Dakota

Victor:

Bonsoir,

I wonder why should I rename my site.

I'm not sure that you understand that the poster's name is not
"Bonsoir" - he sent this salutation not an appelation as "Good
Evening". Perhaps you did, but none-the-less his name is Didier!

IF (note the Upper case) "IF" you're searching/seeking scans of the
Soviet era then I may be able to help!

If you would kindly indicate which stamps/era you are seeking scans
for - I can try to assist.

It is mainly about the "Communism on Stamps", and not about the
"Anti-communism on Stamps". It is based on freedom thinking, and not on
anti-communism (just to explain this, a fascists is often an anti-communist,
but this doesn't make of him an adept of liberty).

Unfortunately this is a MAINLY "English" speaking forum. Certainly you
have a grasp of the language - but you haven't a grasp of the nuances.
You often come off as a proponent of the "Joe McCarthy" era.

When others reply to you - they're not trying to be negative - they
simply don't understand your direction - or purpose - or your useage
of English!

A bit of clarification, however minimal, would hold you in greater
respect and comprehension.

Handshakes,

Dakota
Old August 12th 03, 09:14 PM
Didier Cuidet

Le Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:25:07 +0200, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"Victor Manta" a écrit :

I can't speak for others, just for myself, and I doubt that M. Cuidet and
myself really had a problem in understanding each other. It is possible that
we haven't the same philosophical views, but this isn't something unusual
either.

You are right.

What I was pointing at, is the fact that the title of your site wants to
seem neutral, and the purpose is not. So that the title is in my opinion
badly chosen.

For instance, in the first page, when you write «This site speaks about
those countries, about their leaders, and about the methods used as well
for the enslavement of millions of people, as about the tricks used to
conceal those methods, as reflected by the stamps issued during those
dark times. » you clearly show that you disgust communism.

If you would present a stamps collection in an exhibition with this
title and this content, I think that the judge let you notice the
difference.

I don't contest your right to expose your ideas in your site. But I
think that it is better that the title reflect them.

For instance, I don't wait to find the same ideas in a site called « The
glorious years of USSR » and in an other one called « The communist
tragedy in Russia ».

Maybe « Communist propaganda in stamps » would be better, according to
your sentence quoted above.

--
DC
Old August 13th 03, 01:14 AM
A.E. Gelat

You did not change the subject line. The message below has nothing to do
with mail in Iraq. You are wasting peoples' time reading that stuff.

Tony

Old August 13th 03, 05:07 AM
Dakota

I'm grateful for getting any advice, thanks. What I fear is that in this
very case you haven't correctly understood that I was speaking to a
neighbor, so to say, and that we belong to rather the same cultural circles.
That's why I have greeted him with a "Bonsoir" and I have ended my posting
with an "a+". Please notice that M. Cuidet also answered by a polite
"Bonsoir", what wasn't unusual for me either.

Ok, I misunderstood.

IF (note the Upper case) "IF" you're searching/seeking scans of the
Soviet era then I may be able to help!

If you would kindly indicate which stamps/era you are seeking scans
for - I can try to assist.

Back to this in a moment.

But let's forget, at least for a moment, this meta-discussion concerning my
conversation with M. Cuidet's, and come back to his proposal. Do you also
think that I should rename my site to « anti-communism »? If so, why?

Heck, I don't care what you call it. I've spent the past week trying
to come up with a name for a Dalmatian puppy that someone dumped in my
yard. I'm not very inventive in this respect.

But back to my original offer - if you're seeking scans of Soviet era
stamps I may be able to help - are there any specific items you have
in mind?

Handshakes,

Dakota
Old August 13th 03, 08:20 AM
Victor Manta

"Dakota" wrote in message
om...
snip

But back to my original offer - if you're seeking scans of Soviet era
stamps I may be able to help - are there any specific items you have
in mind?

Handshakes,

Dakota

The scans of the USSR stamps that I need (partial list):

- Engels
- Lenin and Stalin together.
- Stalin 70 years of birth, sheet of 1949, 1954 30 April,
- Lenin's Mausoleum, any
- Dzerjinski (1951, 4 August, and others)
- Popov (like 1949, 6 Mai; 1955, 5 November)
- Lysenko
- 1943, 31 October. 25 years Comsomol.
- 1948, April, Communist Manifesto (Marx + Engels)
- Pavel (Pavlik) Morozov
- leaders of other Communist parties, like Togliatti (17 Sept. 1964). I have
already the comrades Thorez and Longo
- "pathetic" sculptures, like 1938 Paris World Exhibition of Mai 1939 NY
Exhibition

Thanks in advance for any of them!

The e-mail address that I use here is valid as it is.

Old August 13th 03, 12:23 PM
Victor Manta

"Victor Manta" a écrit :

I can't speak for others, just for myself, and I doubt that M. Cuidet

and
myself really had a problem in understanding each other. It is possible

that
we haven't the same philosophical views, but this isn't something

unusual
either.

You are right.

Thanks!

What I was pointing at, is the fact that the title of your site wants to
seem neutral, and the purpose is not. So that the title is in my opinion
badly chosen.

OK, let's see.

For instance, in the first page, when you write «This site speaks about
those countries, about their leaders, and about the methods used as well
for the enslavement of millions of people, as about the tricks used to
conceal those methods, as reflected by the stamps issued during those
dark times. » you clearly show that you disgust communism.

My main subject isn't my personal disgust, but the fact that a communist
society is incompatible with freedom. Eventually take a look at the motto.
BTW, I'm not disgusted anymore, because 20 years of freedom is a long time,
but let's say that I'll never forget it, and I'll try to explain/remind to
others how it really was and what it represents (through related stamps).

If you would present a stamps collection in an exhibition with this
title and this content, I think that the judge let you notice the
difference.

Do you mean that when some judges that have to judge a collection about
"Fascism on Stamps", let's say one presented by a former fascist camp
prisoner, will reject his collection because the exhibitor wasn't neutral
enough? I wonder how can one be "neutral" in such a case? On one hand..., on
the other hand... No, thanks, it makes no sense to me! Should he name his
exhibit: "My personal experience with the fascism"? It's possible, but maybe
he wants to be more general.

I don't contest your right to expose your ideas in your site. But I
think that it is better that the title reflect them.
For instance, I don't wait to find the same ideas in a site called « The
glorious years of USSR » and in an other one called « The communist
tragedy in Russia ».

Obviously they will be different, and it is the right of any author to
propose some sites. Some of them will be lying, of course.

Maybe « Communist propaganda in stamps » would be better, according to
your sentence quoted above.

DC

This is an interesting proposal, much better than "anti-communism", and I'll
give it a deeper thought. My first reaction is that it is limiting me to
only communist propaganda, which isn't my original intention.

Thanks for the discussion.

a+

Reminder. We speak about my new site: http://www.values.ch/Communism/

Old August 13th 03, 01:28 PM
Didier Cuidet

Hé ...

Bonjour

Le Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:14:44 -0500, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"A.E. Gelat" a écrit :

You did not change the subject line.

No, I didn't. The subject is always the same : Mr Manta's web site.

The message below has nothing to do with mail in Iraq.

That's true.

You are wasting peoples' time reading that stuff.

Any trouble with your :

Unless it is your server which has a problem with the References field.

Do you ever heard about OE-Quotefix ? It is a free patch for your OE,
available at url:http://flash.to/oe-quotefix. Please, download it and
install it.

--
DC

Stamps, Trains, Slotcars, Paintings & Models Stamp Master Album US Stamps 0 August 28th 04 12:25 PM
new 8 track site Alex 8 Track Tapes 0 August 23rd 04 08:03 AM
Review: new site to buy and sell your dups and cheap stamps MagicHippie Worldwide Stamps 0 January 25th 04 07:03 PM
FA Stamps, stamps and more stamps dennis jorgensen Worldwide Stamps 0 August 9th 03 03:00 PM
Must, Mildew on unused gummed stamps Part II Dakota General Discussion 1 August 7th 03 03:45 AM