Looking forward to the Miami Pen Show, July 7-9

Old June 22nd 06, 01:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Looking forward to the Miami Pen Show, July 7-9

Hi folks,

It looks like this year's Miami Pen & Watch Show, July 7-9, is going to
be a good one. This is the second year that Bertram's Inkwell has
hosted this show. It's a purposely small show-about 100 tables-and
Bert and Jim have decided to keep it that way. It's also probably the
most elegant pen show on the circuit. If you were at the show last
year, you'll understand why. First of all, the pens were amazing.
Dealers showed up with exceptional stuff, including some of the finest
custom pens I've ever seen. And once again, the show is being held at
the exquisite old Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. It's a registered
national historic landmark that was built in the "Roaring 20s" and
quickly became an internationally famed playground and retreat for
movie stars, royalty, and the cream of society. The hotel was
completely renovated and restored within the last decade, and is now a
4-star and 4-diamond ranked resort. This is as much an ultra-elegant
mini-vacation as it is a pen show. Special penshow room rates are only
$139.00 a night. Check out the show's website, www.miamipenshow.com for
a link to the hotel, and to make reservations.

As I did last year, I'm helping out with the advertising and publicity
for the show. This year Bert is going all out with a full two-week-long
schedule of advertising in the Miami Herald, including some full-page
color ads, plus a two week schedule of underwriting spots during All
Things Considered and Morning Edition on Miami's NPR radio station,
WLRN. We'll be making a strong PR effort, sending publicity releases to
all of Miami's high-demographic media. Plus we've got a new, and
much-improved website, thanks to Jim Mamoulides of PenHero.com, who is
also doing a great job with the photography for the advertising.

Aurora, the primary sponsor for the show, is giving away a new Sole
Minima Limited Edition pen set as a grand prize, to given away on
Sunday afternoon. Other prizes will be given away throughout all three
days of the show. Kids 13 and under will be admitted free with a paying
adult, and will also be given a free Miami Pen & Watch Show fountain
pen made by Yaffa. I've got one from last year. The darn thing is a
great writer!

The upshot is that we're expecting excellent walk-in crowds. And this
year the show will be open to the public Friday, as well as Saturday
and Sunday. With Miami's upscale audience, business should be very
good. If you haven't reserved a table yet, I believe a few are still
available. Call Jim Rouse at the Baltimore store if you have any
questions or want more information. Again, you'll find the number and
more info on the website: www.miamipenshow.com.

It really should be a blast. Hope to see you there.

Joe

Joe Engel
3094 Blackberry Lane
Malvern, PA 19355

Old July 4th 06, 09:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
~*Thespius*~

Default Hey Joe !!

"Joe Engel" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi folks,

Joe Engel
3094 Blackberry Lane
Malvern, PA 19355

Hey Joe !

Q: What's a nerd that doen't have the benefit of computer technology?

A: They were called nerds in the '50's. For some reason, at that time
there was a developmental disaabilty resulting from the toxic-effect
of the ink, subsequently suspending them mentally and psychologically
in time. The survivors today are known as fountain-pen-heads. The
biggest conclave can be found hanging around in these fountain-pen-tea
rooms.