Noodlers inks vs. Iron Gall inks in comparison

Old October 1st 05, 07:27 PM
Alfred Weidlich

Default Noodlers inks vs. Iron Gall inks in comparison

HAve someone compare this two types of inks as contrakt inks?
I know paper sheets with different inks and noodlers.
The noodlers ink is the only one who passed the tests.
What is with typical iron gall inks like MB BB or R&K "Salix
(Blueblack)?

Alfred
Old October 1st 05, 11:07 PM
Noodler

We do not make acid inks. Period.

I never want to see a paper that is filigreed with acid holes when I am 80
years of age due to an acidic ink made here....so no acidic inks are made
here at all. ALL Noodler's Inks are pH neutral!

Old October 2nd 05, 11:47 PM
Alfred Weidlich

Noodler wrote:

We do not make acid inks. Period.

And?
I mean how are ferro gallic inks for dokuments.
On the testsheets are a lot of inks but no ferro gallic inks.
For ex.
http://members.aol.com/scaupaug/ink/index.html shows a lot of
different inks, but no other fraud proof FP inks like MB Blueblack or other
ferro gallic inks.

How fraud proof are non-black inks from noodlers?
For example legal blue or legal lapis.

I never want to see a paper that is filigreed with acid holes when I
am 80 years of age due to an acidic ink made here....so no acidic inks
are made here at all. ALL Noodler's Inks are pH neutral!

Yes, but difficult to get in europe.

Alfred
Old October 3rd 05, 02:36 AM
Noodler

How fraud proof are non-black inks from noodlers?
For example legal blue or legal lapis.

They have some weakness against soaking in industrial bleach over long
periods of time that the black does not have - but as time has passed that
weakness has gradually been reduced and in time I believe it will be zero.
They are equally immune to everything else including the full range of
solvents.

I never want to see a paper that is filigreed with acid holes when I
am 80 years of age due to an acidic ink made here....so no acidic inks
are made here at all. ALL Noodler's Inks are pH neutral!

Yes, but difficult to get in europe.

Alfred

Trying to get more available in Europe, trying very hard... The UK today,
France and Germany tomorrow it is hoped... My apologies for the delay.

Old October 3rd 05, 04:34 AM
Juhapekka Tolvanen

"Noodler" writes:

Yes, but difficult to get in europe.

Trying to get more available in Europe, trying very hard... The UK
today, France and Germany tomorrow it is hoped... My apologies for the
delay.

Please, don't forget to update this:

http://www.luxurybrandsusa.com/noodlers/dealers.htm

noodlersink.co.uk is still missing from that page as I am writing this.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Pahat enteet hiljaisuuden kaiken täyttää. Niin tuskaisen läsnä joka hetki,
Old October 3rd 05, 05:03 AM
Juhapekka Tolvanen

"Noodler" writes:

"Alfred Weidlich" wrote in message

HAve someone compare this two types of inks as contrakt inks? I know
paper sheets with different inks and noodlers. The noodlers ink is
the only one who passed the tests. What is with typical iron gall
inks like MB BB or R&K "Salix (Blueblack)?

We do not make acid inks. Period.

I never want to see a paper that is filigreed with acid holes when I
am 80 years of age due to an acidic ink made here....so no acidic inks
are made here at all. ALL Noodler's Inks are pH neutral!

What is the exact pH of Montblanc Blue-black and Rohrer & Klingner
Salix? Does somebody know it?

Old October 3rd 05, 05:14 AM
Noodler

Will do. It should be noted though, that in many cases firms in such
places like India, Sweden, Australia, Japan, UK, etc...are not listed there
because they buy directly from the company and are not affiliated with its
US distributor, some have their own private label store brands. It is one
of the ways of adapting to high international freight rates and certain
levies by customs. The offer to any local pen shop in any overseas country
still stands - just e-mail us directly. If you like our inks and want it to
be more affordable in a shop near you...please pass on our e-mail.
NoodlersInk@(Remove NOSPAM)earthlink.net We still offer custom country
specific Eternal Inks and certain specialty inks, here for the taking if you
simply contact us. It is likely there will be some in the UK soon -
probably with names that offend the PC crowd, but ever since a fanatic
threatened to kill me in an e-mail simply because the Blue Mosque of
Istanbul is on Ottoman Azure's label and a harem scene is affiliated with
Ottoman Rose...I really don't care how un-PC they are....it is a matter of
simply exercising free expression at this point.