Needles for Seeburg 100C

Old September 1st 05, 02:58 AM
rmoody1695 rmoody1695 is offline
Junior Member

Default Needles for Seeburg 100C

Now that I have my Seeburg up and going I'm not sure how old the needles are. I just bought it from a guy that hired someone to "go through it". It looks and sounds great but I have read on here that the wrong needles can ruin records. So I figure it would be a pretty good idea to change them to be on the safe side. I have seen needles anywhere from $300 to $50 and just don't know what to get. Like everyone else I don't want to spend more than I have too but I want to get the right needles also. Most of my records are from the 1970's and up with a couple of old Beatles records from the 1960's. What would you guys recommend? By the way this newsgroup has been a lifesaver for me since I came into this with no working knowledge of these machines. I really appreciate you guys humoring me and answering questions I'm sure you have been asked time and time again. Thanks again, Rod

Last edited by rmoody1695 : September 1st 05 at 03:00 AM.
Old September 1st 05, 05:04 PM
Arthur Dent

Needles depend on if the cartridge is original or a replacement.
Bill Bickers (www.jukeboxfridaynight.com/)has a lot of needles and can
probably help you determine what you need.

Glen

.. .

--
rmoody1695

Old September 2nd 05, 01:37 AM
Homebru

Does anyone know why the S200 needles command such a premium? They are
always twice as expensive as any other Seeburg needle.

Chris