Tech help: Rock ola # 1448

Old September 19th 05, 01:55 PM

Default Tech help: Rock ola # 1448

Juke was working correctly before i moved it from one side of the room
to the other side.

Problem now is record sits and spins constantly after being played and
will not return back into the record rack. The sound goes off after the
records ends too.

I moved the tone arm manually at the end of the record and can hear the
trip switch clicking in, but the record doesn't return to the record
rack and justs sits and spins constantly there.

If i turn the juke off and back on the sound comes back and i can
manually pick up the tone arm and place it at the start of the record
and it will play through, but when the tone arm reaches the end of the
record it will not return the record back to the record rack and the
sound goes off again.

I turn the juke off and back on again and the sound returned back on
again. I again manually placed the tone arm back at the start of the
record and tried to press the record trip button located on the back of
the juke to see if the record would be rejected and returned back to
the rack. When i pressed the reject trip button on the back of the juke
the sound went off again and record played through to the end but again
just sits there and spins constantly.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Vic Camp

Old September 19th 05, 02:46 PM
Tony Tumminaro

I can't say that I know much about the Rock ola, but I had the exact same
issue with a Seeburg a week ago. It turned out to be just a leaf switch that
"looked" to be making contact but wasn't. On the Seeburg it was in a stack
of leaf switches on the player unit. The move could have knocked one out of
adjustment.

ups.com...

Old September 20th 05, 05:39 AM

Do yo have the service manual? If not, contact me direct, it wll make
the job easier.
I see three places to look at. First make sure that the gripper motor
is plugged in and see if you can rotate the shaft that comes out the
bottom of it. Second, check all the plugs that go into the control box
and power supply, make sure they are seated tight. Third, check the
operation of the micro switches on the cam.
Charlie

Old September 20th 05, 06:15 AM
Ken G.

Move it back where it was .. its mad at you :-)

Old September 20th 05, 12:26 PM

I do not have a service manual, but will try to check the three places
for the possible problem.
Thanks for all and any help form everyone who has responded to my
posting .
Vic

Old September 21st 05, 12:09 PM

Charlie,
Yesterday i finally got a chance to take a look at the juke and after
gently pushing on the connectors for the gripper motor,control box and
power supply the jukebox now works like it use to. I appreciate your
time and knowledge.
Thanks for your help.
Vic