161 Seeburg Credit woes

Old March 15th 11, 11:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
jukeboxnut[_2_]

Default 161 Seeburg Credit woes

I've googled and prodded- thought this would be an easy fix. Credit
wheel is working as it should, no stuck coins, but the latch solenoid
stays engaged even when there are clearly no credits left. I can see
that there is a solenoid that toggles 2 leaf switches (in the crdit
unti) -this relay is not in the position it should be in with no
credits. It fires when both a number key and letter key are depressed,
as long as they are both depressed, and in turn the latch solenoid
opens (where it should stay with no credits). But as soon as you let
go of the keys, the relay goes off, and the latch closes (credit light
on, machine ready to take selections). I know this will burn the latch
solenoid. This machine is not on free play, but acts the same whether
or not the coin switches are plugged in or not. Troubleshooting guide
used, checked, not helpful.

Any one have this happen before? Any help appreciated.
Old March 16th 11, 04:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Arthur Dent[_2_]

I don't remember how it's done, but sometimes people bend or remove parts to
put the jukebox on free play.

Glen

Old March 16th 11, 11:19 AM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukeboxnut[_2_] View Post
I suggest that you post this message on www.phonoland.com for the attention of Ron Rich.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old March 16th 11, 03:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
jukeboxnut[_2_]

Thanks, I'll keep looking. Just to make sure, the machine worked just
fine on coins for the past couple of years.

Brad

Seeburg 161 NJ Mike Juke Boxes 0 October 1st 07 03:34 AM
FS: Seeburg 161 & Seeburg 222 in Washington psapinball Juke Boxes 0 March 14th 07 05:08 PM
Seeburg 161 Kory Juke Boxes 0 October 30th 06 09:05 PM
Seeburg G woes... Juke Dude Juke Boxes 1 December 7th 05 02:17 AM
Seeburg 161 Bob Juke Boxes 0 November 5th 03 12:05 PM