BTW, Presibux

Old April 16th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default BTW, Presibux

"Fred Shecter" wrote in message
When I encounter an idiot with a fossilized brain, I know it and I say it.

In person or online.

I am glad that massive amounts of your time and life are spent trying to
convince everyone that likes the dollar coin that they are incorrect and
you are correct. Please invest hundreds of hours more. Do not invest it in
anything positive or constructive.

What Irony!! Pot. Kettle. Black. I post my observations and then
form my opinions from that. You do the opposite.

Wallow in your dollar coin hatred.

Wow! What venom! I pity the poor the clerk who questions your dollar
coins if you were his customer, especially if the clerk was a senior
citizen.

Fred, you continue to misinterpret anything I post about this topic. I'm a
pragmatist and simply comment on what I see and hear. My comment to you
here was in regard to your well known view that anyone who isn't as
dedicated as you are about acquiring and spending dollar coins has
"fossilized brains". Outside of your world, people who do happen to
encounter these coins and find them useful will use them. The rest couldn't
care less. If I ever receive one in change, I'll probably spend it. But
none have come to me that way yet, all the way back to Ike's.

It amuses me endlessly.

It doesn't sound like it.

I enjoy your torment.

You know Fred, I don't doubt that you probably do.

Old April 16th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

What I really enjoy is posting a short reply and watching your much longer reply. That
tells me that you wasted MANY minutes of your life responding. Thanks!

And no comment on the Adams dollars coming to get you?

Or Sanjaya?

(Probably didn't "get" that one...)

I await your 400 word response. JUMP!

-Fred Shecter

http://www.sirius.com/

Old April 16th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Apr 15, 11:32�pm, wrote:
In article , "Bruce Remick" wrote:

"Fred Shecter" wrote in message
1) A culture of the ignorant feeding-back onto the ignorant (a feedback
loop). *At stores where they use them without comment or negative
feedback, they are used with positive results. When I am confronted with
the negative comments (which is very seldom these days) I attempt a
positive response, and if that is met with more negativity I use one of
the many "Idiot spotlight" comments - I say something about how all the
smart people like them or the only people who don't like them seem to be
those who have fossilized brains that cannot accept anything new, like
those who rejected CDs and clung to their vinyl records.

I've yet to see the CD player that will play my cherished old vinyl records.

Do you automatically accept EVERYTHING new? *And do you presume that anyone
who is reluctant to embrace the dollar coins will not accept ANYTHING new?
Why should your apparent dollar coin advocacy label all clerks and consumers
who, unlike you, seem to find it inconvenient or unnecessary to deal with
dollar coins as people with fossilized brains? *Are you speaking for all of
us now? *Most of us do value your dollar coin information, but some of us
practical folks find your continued intolerance for dollar coin skeptics a
bit presumptuous.

Bruce

a lot of bands who care about the way the sound are
releasing vinyl. people like sonic youth, mission of burma,
low, etc.
we KILL for colored vinyl.- Hide quoted text -

Okay, I'm going OT here. I own a 45 RPM copy of "Telephone Line" by
ELO, green transparent vinyl, radio station promo copy, a mono side
and a stereo side. I got it when I worked at a radio station in
1977-1978.

I also own a 45 RPM copy of "We're An American Band" by Grand Funk
(they dropped the Railroad by this time), yellow transparent vinyl,
bought in some store somewhere.

Both copies are used, meaning I still listen to them. No skips, pops
or scratches, but a little surface hiss (that you can't hear, anyway,
when you crank those suckers up!). What are they worth? LOL!

Jerry

Old April 16th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Fred Shecter" wrote in message
What I really enjoy is posting a short reply and watching your much longer
reply. That tells me that you wasted MANY minutes of your life responding.
Thanks!

Okay, we're even, what with you having wasted your minutes read my long(?)
reply and then posting another of your own. Some think any time spent on
the computer is time wasted-- whether typing, reading, or whatever.

And no comment on the Adams dollars coming to get you?

I'm waiting for them to come out and will pick up a roll from my bank.
Don't you remember my post about doing that with the GW dollars? Got any
other snide comments? Obviously I've hit a nerve with you. I hate to see
a grown man fume, so I'll ease up. I actually thought I had.

Or Sanjaya?

(Probably didn't "get" that one...)

From you? In this thread? No.

I await your 400 word response. JUMP!

s t
w' h
o i
H s?

Old April 16th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scott Stevenson

On 16 Apr 2007 10:37:11 -0700, "Jerry Dennis"
wrote:

On Apr 15, 11:32�pm, wrote:
[...]

Is either side of "Telephone Line" cue burned?

(I've got a few labeled that way that I picked up at various
stations I worked at).

Oddly, I don't think any of them are stereo/mono. Both sides are
usually the same mix.

take care,
Scott
"Cue burned" is the radio station copy equivalent of a G-4 coin.
Old April 16th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

What's funny is you keep saying that you hit a nerve with me, yet I'm sitting here
laughing at you. I am apparently hitting a nerve with you and tormenting you, yet you do
not torment me. I laugh at you.

Let me make this perfectly clear: I do not respond to most of you messages because they
are the same illogical nonsense over and over. If I feel like tormenting you, I will
respond since you cannot resist responding to every one of my messages.

Are you following? I ignore the vast majority of your messages and you cannot ignore the
vast majority of my messages. Thank you for playing and making me laugh. And for making
thousands of other readers across the globe laugh as well. I thoroughly enjoy the
Please keep responding to me and to everyone else to highlight this. Thank you.

Please prepare and post your coin manifesto now. 1000 word minimum.

[...]

From you? In this thread? No.

Old April 17th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:37:17 GMT, Fred Shecter wrote:
What I really enjoy is posting a short reply and watching your much longer reply. That
tells me that you wasted MANY minutes of your life responding. Thanks!

Jeez, Fred, I had you figured for better than a common troll. Was I
wrong?

Old April 17th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Fred Shecter" wrote in message
What's funny is you keep saying that you hit a nerve with me, yet I'm
sitting here laughing at you. I am apparently hitting a nerve with you and
tormenting you, yet you do not torment me. I laugh at you.

Let me make this perfectly clear: I do not respond to most of you messages
because they are the same illogical nonsense over and over. If I feel like
tormenting you, I will respond since you cannot resist responding to every
one of my messages.

Cause you're so easy, Fred. You're fun to reply to. Care to quote any
particular illogical nonsense I've posted? I'm not immune to posting
nonsense, but I can't recall any on this particular topic.

Are you following? I ignore the vast majority of your messages and you
cannot ignore the vast majority of my messages. Thank you for playing and
making me laugh. And for making thousands of other readers across the
globe laugh as well. I thoroughly enjoy the responses you get from other
countries when they marvel at your inability to comprehend.

You lost me there, Fred. Surely you haven't wasted your minutes Googling
up something juicy on me. But if you did, let's all hear it.

Please keep responding to me and to everyone else to highlight this. Thank
you.

I do not post replies to the vast majority of your messages, although I do
usually read them. In this same thread I acknowledged your assistance to
those who need info on acquiring dollar coins or on the coins themselves.
What happened to get my attention was your demeaning name calling of anyone
who does not craft their life around the study and distribution of dollar
coins like you do. The poor clerk-- young or old-- who may not be familiar
with every new (or old) coin receives your wrath
(ignorant...stupidity...ignorant older cashier, etc.), and then we hear how
proud you are with the carefully prepared retorts you have waiting for them,
and to quote, "I will make sure to point out how stupid they are." Tell
you what, Fred. Keep it up and you'll probably be getting a few more
laughs and enjoyment out of me now and then. Unless of course you can
somehow stick to the dollar coin stuff without the insults.

Please prepare and post your coin manifesto now. 1000 word minimum.

Sorry. I couldn't come up with quite as much this time, since you chose an
attack route rather than address any of the comments I made about the
meanness in some of your posts.

Old April 17th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scott Stevenson

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:54:12 GMT, in wrote:

wrote:

[...]

we also kill for promos. the cue burned thing isn't current.
we never had those. sounds like 60's or earlier.

No, actually "cue burned" means that the record was played at the
station quite a lot. It happens when you cue a record

http://radio.about.com/library/bldef-38.htm

The lastest cue burned radio station single I've got dates from the
mid-80's.

take care,
Scott
Old April 17th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

Not a troll since I ignore most of his negative posts. Once in a while, when
I feel like it, I post a response and then sit back and watch the negative
and illogical response to my message.

Maybe we need another thread about how rounding to the nearest 5 cents is
impossible and will hurt the poor? That should make people across the globe
point at their screens and laugh.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply