Another set-to with the post office

Old January 7th 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Another set-to with the post office

Today I went to the downtown post office and gave the clerk a 4" x 7"
letter, postage attached and told him I wanted it insured at the
minimum rate.
After a blank look he told me the post office does not insure letters.
( Hello, where have you been? )
I left and went to Woods post office, same story. I told the
postmaster to read the regs and went home to get mine. I returned and
the clerk said I had a first class letter while the regs said First
Class mail and still wouldn't accept it. Postmaster said it contained
personal informatuon which was not allowed. ( Hello, little pieces of
paper with jagged images from Iran is not personal inormation.)
Took the letter to a rural post office and it was accepted without
question and I was given a USPS receipt that says 1st Class Letter and
shows the posatge and insurance fee. SO, I sicked the big dogs at USPS
on the local post office...again. They hate to see me come in the
door.

Ralphale, the OLD one
Old January 8th 09, 09:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Jan 7, 10:39*pm, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Ralphael1 found these unused words:

[...]

Hope you copied [xerox] everything pertinent and sent it to the Postal
Inspectors!- Hide quoted text -

Nope, I just called the manager at the Mailing Requirements Office and
he was going to advise he Postmaster that I can insure First Class
Letters. He is on top of all the DMM Regulations.
My experience with the Postal Inspectors, I found them unreachable by
phone. They are too busy dealing with fraud.
I had a couple of incidents where the window clerk would not let me
use the dater to cancel my own mail.
I also had an incident where the window clerk would not honor the hand
back service.
The DMM regulations can be a bit confusing, especially when the clerk
tries to disect them.

RtOo
Old January 8th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Douglas Myall

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
[...]

Whatever happened to the Window Clerk brotherhood?

Douglas

Old January 8th 09, 02:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Hi,

I have always been told to write on the envelope "First Class, Third
Class Enclosed". That way it can be insured. At least there used to
be something in the DMM to this effect.

Jerry B
Old January 9th 09, 10:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Jan 8, 9:39*am, wrote:
Hi,

I have always been told to write on the envelope *"First Class, Third
Class Enclosed". *That way it can be insured. *At least there used to
be something in the DMM to this effect.

Jerry B

This is the mentalitay of one clerk that refused my Insured First
Class letter when I showed her the DMM regulation: Quote, "It says
First Class Mail is allowed, this is a letter." and she wasn't blond.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old January 9th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Jan 8, 9:39*am, wrote:
Hi,

I have always been told to write on the envelope *"First Class, Third
Class Enclosed". *That way it can be insured. *At least there used to
be something in the DMM to this effect.

Jerry B

This is the mentalitay of one clerk that refused my Insured First
Class letter when I showed her the DMM regulation: Quote, "It says
First Class Mail is allowed, this is a letter." and she wasn't blond.

You should tell her you -=are=- a first class male - now accept my posting
or get a pasting!

[must be a recent college graduate to be this 'blonde'.]

Makes one of my past statement that a person must have an IQ well
under 100 to work for this post office in this town.

RtOo