(RCSD) France issues Euro 0.54 prepaid postal card - RUGBY WORLD CUP 2007

Old September 10th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default (RCSD) France issues Euro 0.54 prepaid postal card - RUGBY WORLD CUP 2007

http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b4/de/9cb5_1.JPG

Old September 11th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Blair (TC) wrote :
http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b4/de/9cb5_1.JPG

Thanks Blair !

This was issued last saturday in the week-end supplement to one of the
French main newspapers (Le Monde).

Already sold at 5 Euros on e-bay (picture showed by Blair) :
http://cgi.ebay.fr/CARTE-POSTALE-RUG...QQcmdZViewItem
(No buyers up to now but a similar one issued in 1998 for the Football
world cup won by France has now a catalog value of 15 Euros :-)

Here are higher resolution scans that I made from my own post-card :
http://cjoint.com/?jli0AbxPdZ
and for the front side :
http://cjoint.com/?jli1ITpRBz

I was thinking to send it to my Friend fan of Rugby living "down under"
;-)

Rod, would you like it "Unused" like on my scans (then I would send it
inside an envelope) ?

Or "Used" (in that last case, I would add some additional stamps, as the
prepaid rate is only for France) ?

Just send me your choice in an e-mail reminding me your "snail-mail"
address that I do not have with me here.

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Old September 11th 07, 08:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Douglas Myall

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message
Blair (TC) wrote :
[...]

Thanks, Pierre. I wonder why the player changed his shirt between
scoring the try and converting it. (smile).

Douglas

Old September 11th 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

On Sep 11, 3:07 pm, "Pierre COURTIADE"

Rod, would you like it "Unused" like on my scans (then I would send it inside an envelope) ?

Bonjour Pierre,
I'll take you up on that
I thought you were not going to surface after
your last defeat
I must say I felt happy for the Puma's though,
what a win!
(I still have bad nightmares of Jonny Wilkinson slotting
the winner last time

Look forward to 14th with England / RSA
should be a mauler.

I'll reciprocate with the Aussie Rugby issue
but you'll have to wait till the next bourse,
I have no duplicates.

Old September 12th 07, 08:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Blair (TC) wrote :
http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b4/de/9cb5_1.JPG

Here are higher resolution scans that I made from my own post-card :
http://cjoint.com/?jli0AbxPdZ
and for the front side :
http://cjoint.com/?jli1ITpRBz

Thanks, Pierre. I wonder why the player changed his shirt between
scoring the try and converting it. (smile).

Douglas

The first image reminds me the movie "The Loneliness of the Long Distance
Runner"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056194/

Obviously, this French player _practice_ very hardly and he looks rather
unhappy in it.

BTW, in the "Transformation" scene I'm missing the small thing used to hold
the ball on the
field (earlier they used some sand).

And last but not least, considering the position of the player and that of
the ball, it looks like the player will miss its target, even if the
crossbar is set very low...

Anyway Allez les bleus!

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old September 13th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Rod a écrit :
On Sep 11, 3:07 pm, "Pierre COURTIADE"

Rod, would you like it "Unused" like on my scans (then I would send
it inside an envelope) ?

Bonjour Pierre,
I'll take you up on that
I thought you were not going to surface after
your last defeat

He, he, he :-))))

I must say I felt happy for the Puma's though,
what a win!

Indeed !

(I still have bad nightmares of Jonny Wilkinson slotting
the winner last time

Look forward to 14th with England / RSA
should be a mauler.

After the Oz / France final that Oz will win, my small gift will
be a keeper :-)))

I'll reciprocate with the Aussie Rugby issue
but you'll have to wait till the next bourse,
I have no duplicates.

There is no need at all to reciprocate this gift :-))
Just the pleasure to make a small gift to a friend.

All the best,

Pierre

Old September 13th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Douglas Myall a écrit :

Thanks, Pierre. I wonder why the player changed his shirt between
scoring the try and converting it. (smile).

He, he he !

You know, Douglas those Frenchies are devils :-)))

Thans for discovering this enormous blunder from La Poste !

--
All the best,
Pierre

Old September 13th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Here are higher resolution scans that I made from my own post-card :
http://cjoint.com/?jli0AbxPdZ
and for the front side :
http://cjoint.com/?jli1ITpRBz

Victor Manta :

The first image reminds me the movie "The Loneliness of the Long
Distance Runner"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056194/

Obviously, this French player _practice_ very hardly and he looks
rather unhappy in it.

Indeed ! Nice remark !

BTW, in the "Transformation" scene I'm missing the small thing used
to hold the ball on the
field (earlier they used some sand).

I was not aware of this thing.
I have a better practice in golf and ther the name is a tee

And last but not least, considering the position of the player and
that of the ball, it looks like the player will miss its target, even
if the crossbar is set very low...

This did not shocked me : may be this # 9 player plas also golf and
performs his transformation as a swing, twisting its body ;-)

Anyway Allez les bleus!

;-)

--
Regards,