Falkland Island Notes 5x1, 2x5, 1x10 consecutive serial numbers UNC 1982

Old February 8th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Default Falkland Island Notes 5x1, 2x5, 1x10 consecutive serial numbers UNC 1982

Hi all,

I collected these notes over twenty years ago, as part of my pay! I
would just like to know how much they maybe worth....I think because
they are UNC and the serial numbers go in sequence they maybe worth a
bit more?? They are from 1st Jan 1982. Any help would be great....I am
not a collector.
Old February 8th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

"FlyGuy" wrote in message
Hi all,

I collected these notes over twenty years ago, as part of my pay! I
would just like to know how much they maybe worth....I think because
they are UNC and the serial numbers go in sequence they maybe worth a
bit more?? They are from 1st Jan 1982. Any help would be great....I am
not a collector.

I own no Falkland notes but on ebay even fairly recent issues go for bigish
money on ebay, have a search there for similar notes. Billy

Old February 8th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Default Falkland Island Notes 5x1, 2x5, 1x10 consecutive serial numbers UNC 1982 (0/1)

Thanks Billy..I have had a look but they are all the more recent
ones...The ones I have are no longer in issue. I wanted to know about
the consecutive serial numbers....does this make them more
collectable? I have attached a pic of them.....

Guy

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:04:11 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

.. .

Old February 8th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Thanks Billy..I have had a look but they are all the more recent
ones...The ones I have are no longer in issue. I wanted to know about
the consecutive serial numbers....does this make them more
collectable? I have tried to attach photos but it won't send...

Guy

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:04:11 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

.. .

Old February 8th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

"FlyGuy" wrote in message
Hi all,

I collected these notes over twenty years ago, as part of my pay! I
would just like to know how much they maybe worth....I think because
they are UNC and the serial numbers go in sequence they maybe worth a
bit more?? They are from 1st Jan 1982. Any help would be great....I am
not a collector.

Consecutive serial number notes do indeed go for more. As note.boy states
the notes are fairly pricey, the ones issued in the new series after the
liberation are comparetively common in comparison to your issue of notes.

In a 1999 edition of the Pick Catalog the 1.1.1982 issue of the £1 are
priced at $37.50 each. If you have the older younger head large size note
version of the £5 it should be dated 1975 and those are priced at $150 each.

I collected Falklands notes back during that time, and when I sold mine
about 4-5 years ago, they went for considerably more than these catalog
prices above.

Old February 8th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Hi,

Thanks, the 5 pound ones are from 1975! the rest are 1982.
I will see if anything else comes up.

Guy
On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:00:01 -0500, "Sibirskmoneta"
wrote:

.. .

Old February 8th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Hi, thanks again....I looked at Pam West...thanks for the tip....my
wage package was worth keeping that week...I put all the notes in a
brown manila envelope and stuck it in an old writing case....and just
left them! I think they are probably worth about 500-600 pounds now..

Guy

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:05:41 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

The dealer Pam West has the £1 notes on sale at £38 each in unc, she has no
£5 or £10 notes of that date listed. Billy

.. .

Rare Parallels 1996-2003 Jeff Baseball 0 October 9th 03 03:11 PM
Rare Parallels: mirror red blue gold, holo-foil, elite gold die-cut Jeffrey Crosser Baseball 0 August 7th 03 10:01 AM
** Tradelist Part 2 (2002-2004) ** NoriBeard Hockey 0 July 25th 03 09:57 PM
**Tradelist Pt. 2 (2002-2004) ** NoriBeard Hockey 0 July 17th 03 07:23 PM