Banknotes and Ebay

Old August 6th 03, 04:52 PM
Darren

Default Banknotes and Ebay

Fairly new to this game but have a couple of questions regarding the
banknotes on ebay.

1. After trying to get a complete set of Novelty notes I've come to
the conclusion that people are just making these up, try as I might I
can't find "Novelty" on a map or on the CIA website. Is this right?

2. Sure everyone that ever wanted an Iraqi Dinar has got one by now?

Just trying to learn...

Old August 6th 03, 05:37 PM
Scottishmoney

Darren wrote in message
Fairly new to this game but have a couple of questions regarding the
banknotes on ebay.

1. After trying to get a complete set of Novelty notes I've come to
the conclusion that people are just making these up, try as I might I
can't find "Novelty" on a map or on the CIA website. Is this right?

At times it seemed like 90% of the stuff for sale in the eBay.co.uk
banknotes section was novelty notes. The Diana notes were interesting at
first, but now they have everything imaginable on them, like Christina
Aguilera and such things. I still canna figure out how she fits on a £10
note when she is not even a Brit. or even attractive in my opinion.

2. Sure everyone that ever wanted an Iraqi Dinar has got one by now?

Not as long as someone thinks they can sell worthless loo paper with a
bunghole already on it.

Just trying to learn...

It is an endless experience, the more you think you know, the more you find
there is to know.

Dave

Old August 6th 03, 07:03 PM
note.boy

When looking at the UK notes section of ebay I search it for "-novelty"
to get rid of the 50% of listings that are novelty notes, their novelty
has worn well and truly off. Billy

Old August 7th 03, 11:07 AM
Darren

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:03:51 +0100, "note.boy"
wrote:

When looking at the UK notes section of ebay I search it for "-novelty"
to get rid of the 50% of listings that are novelty notes, their novelty
has worn well and truly off. Billy

Good advice. I've learnt my "one thing" for today.