Produce a Numismatic Rap?

Old November 3rd 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Mike Marotta

Default Produce a Numismatic Rap?

For reasons that defy explanation, I have been surfing nerd and geek
rap videos. The top of the line is Big Al Yankovic's WHITE AND NERDY.
I also found one about statistics (Statz 4 Life) that I sent to my
statistics professor from last summer who said that he would show it in
class this term. "Sit Back Enjoy the Ride" has the graphics of a
Pentium commercial and pretty good lyrics about the hardware. I have
more... lots more...

Is anyone interested in producing a rap about numismatics? There are a
lot of bad videos out there -- mostly because the recording quality is
low, but also because the writing, editing, etc., are non-professional.
But I am a pretty good writer, yo' and I got some game. Anyone out
there have a camera? ... a microphone?... a mixer?...

Mikey-M

I got a denarius
and I'm the scariest
exhibitor
on the bourse floor.
It's a natural fact-shun,
I get my act-shun
Snipin on eBay
and I don't pay
if it ain't genu-ine
then you hear me whine
to my homeys
on rec-c-c
You know it's me
Cause my handle is Big-G

I got the mercuries and buffaloes
and everybody knows
that my commemoratives are encapsulated
no one else anticpated
the rise in demand
for what in my hand
Suzies and Sackies and Busties and Seateds
My sets are all completed

I cross em over and I flip em
No one can ever slip em
past me
if they are nasty, I am 10 back of bid

(what rhymes with bid?)

Old November 3rd 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
stonej

Mike Marotta wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a fun idea. Are you thinking of putting it on You Tube?

Old November 3rd 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
bri

"Mike Marotta" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Kid
Lid
Sid
Hid
Da-vid
Rid
Did

Did you check out Gizoogle?
http://www.gizoogle.com/index.php?translate=false

Old November 4th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
longnine009

How about a parody on one of
Blondie's songs?

"You go out at night, eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercurys and Subarus..."
Rapture--Debbie Harry

You go on-line at night sniping coins
You snipe wenches standin', Lincons too
The Mercurys rubes call new."
Ruptured-Geekheads of the Greenwood

**
If out-sourcing is "good for America and good for Americans"
why aren't politicians sharing in these precious moments?
Their "talents" can easily be out-sourced to pick pockets,
street-walkers or an empty bottle of MD 20/20.
*

Old November 4th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Aram Haroutunian

[...]

And then they get rat-holed
Or should I say "hid?"

But my 37 D
is most certainly
Three leggid.

Aram.

Old November 9th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Mike Marotta

Aram Haroutunian wrote:
And then they get rat-holed
Or should I say "hid?"
But my 37 D
is most certainly
Three leggid.

Second verse, same as the first! I'm 'Ennery the Eighth I am...

I cross em over and I flip em
No one can ever slip em
past me
if they are nasty,
I am 10 back of bid
And then they get rat-holed
Or should I say "hid?"
But my 37 D is most certainly three leggid.

I worked for the ANA for 23 days
But I got fired before I was hired
I ran the library and member services too
and I the seminar was just a zoo
with secret service everywhere
even in your underwear
til I quit the scene, got fired, you know what I mean?
It was the ANA, that's all my lawyers let me say.