Kevin's IN PERSON 411...

Old September 17th 04, 07:40 AM
GraphRackr

Default Kevin's IN PERSON 411...

Hey Hey Hey....

ABC unveiled it's 2004-05 Prime Time Line Up at Disney's California Adventure
this weekend, and many of its stars were in attendance. Although the event
advertises to "meet and mingle with your favorite celebrities", there is no
mention of autographs. Last year, celebrities were asked not to stop and sign,
whereas this year, it was more tolerated. There are probably a ton of people
listed here you've never heard of, a few you may know, and a handful that you
recognize, but let's get to it (in no particular order):

ACCORDING TO JIM: This was hands down the best signing cast of the weekend.
JIM BELUSHI, COURTNEY THORNE-SMITH, KIMBERLY WILLIAMS-PAISLEY, and LARRY JOE
CAMPBELL signed anything and everything for whoever asked. There were times
when Disney escorts tried to intervene with, "Sorry, they're not signing right
now", but all four pretty much ignored them, and kept signing away.

THE BACHELOR: We saw the new bachelor, CHRIS HARRISON walking around the park
both days. He happily signed and posed for anyone that asked.

THE BENEFACTOR: Dallas Mavericks owner and billionaire, MARK CUBAN also
obliged autograph and photo requests, and took the time to speak briefly with
everyone. I talked to him about the Kobe Bryant incident, his team, the
upcoming season, and his recent work with high definition television for a good
15 minutes.

COMPLETE SAVAGES: With the exception of KEITH CARRADINE, who did sign
sporadically, the cast of this show were signing champs. Mostly unknowns,
ANDREW EIDEN, SHAUN SIPOS, JASON DOLLEY, EVAN ELLINGSON, ERIK VON DETTEN
(Princess Diaries 2), and VINCENT VENTRESCA (ton of credits to his name) all
signed away.

LIFE AS WE KNOW IT: SEAN FARIS signed away, while co-star CHRIS LOWELL was a 1
per person/personalized, and KELLY OSBOURNE was one of the tougher people to
obtain. She signed here and there, but no more than 3 or 4 before shutting it
down and moving on.

LESS THAN PERFECT: Such a sour cast for a show that should have been cancelled
before it started. ZACHARY LEVI used to be the nicest guy in the world, but
now if you have a photo of him, you're suddenly a dealer. ERIC ROBERTS signed
a few, but kept complaining he didn't like the photos people had. ANDREA
PARKER saw us out of the corner of her eye, and said, "Here come the
professionals". SARA RUE didn't want to sign either, but since other cast
members were doing so, I guess she felt obligated. ANDY DICK AND SHERRI
SHEPHERD signed whatever for whoever whenever.

GEORGE LOPEZ: This guy is king of autographs. He had his own pen, and stopped
to sign and pose at anyone's request. Whenever Disney escorts intervened, he
said "It's cool man, I got this. I'll let you know when I'm ready." Everytime
I turned around GEORGE LOPEZ was signing or posing for a photo. BELITA MORENO
signed for those that recognized her. We never saw LUIS ARMAND GARCIA and
VALENTE RODRIGUEZ walking around the park, but did see them in the parade.
MASIELA LUSHA was a sweetheart and signed a bunch.

RODNEY: RODNEY CARRINGTON, JENNIFER ASPEN, and NICK SEARCY also signed for
anyone that recognized them. When we asked Nick to sign, he said, "YAY! People
actually recognize me. I walked this park for 4 hours and no one recognized me
until you guys." After signing our photos he said, "Please don't sell these
for less than $9.95"

8 SIMPLE RULES: DAVID SPADE and JAMES GARNER would not sign anything. KATEY
SAGAL, KALEY CUOCO, AMY DAVIDSON, and MARTIN SPANJERS signed, but you pretty
much had to follow them around the park.

GROWING PAINS REUNION: TRACEY GOLD was scheduled to attend, but was a no show
because of her legal issues. KIRK CAMERON signed here and there, and CHELSEA
NOBLE would sign for anyone that asked.

NYPD BLUE: This is the final season for the long running drama, and the cast
was a signing machine. Alot of female fans were screaming for former Saved By
The Bell's MARK-PAUL GOSSELAAR, where the old school fans were happy to grab a
signature from DENNIS FRANZ. GORDON CLAPP kept saying, "They won't let me
sign" while his cast mates stood there and signed away. He finally broke down.
BONNIE SOMERVILLE and JACQUELINE OBRADORS also signed away.

HOPE & FAITH: KELLY RIPA drew the biggest crowds. Everywhere she went, there
were tons of people surrounding her. She was very gracious and signed away. I
had an altercation with a security guard earlier in the day, and he had it out
for me the rest of the afternoon. Unfortunately he was with KELLY RIPA the
entire time. He kept knocking down my folder saying, "You got enough
autographs today. Get out of here. You're done." FAITH FORD didn't draw the
type of crowd Kelly did, but signed away for everyone.

LOST: The new JJ ABRAMS (Alias) show is highly anticipated. MATTHEW FOX
(Party of 5) signed and posed for photos, as did HAROLD PERRINEAU (Matrix, Oz),
and newcomer hottie EVANGELINE LILLY, but nobody drew larger hoards of
screaming females than DOMINIC MONAGHAN (LOTR). Dominic has always been a
class act when it comes to signing, and today was no different, even with the
huge crowds. If you didn't get him or a photo with, you weren't even trying.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES: Another highly anticipated drama, the show hasn't even
aired yet, and a 200 member "DH" Fan Club was in attendance. JAMES DENTON,
RICARDO ANTONIO CHAVIRA, and STEVEN CULP where all gracious signers, as were
their costars NICOLLETTE SHERIDAN, EVA LONGORIA, and FELICITY HUFFMAN. Former
Melrose Place psycho MARCIA CROSS who isn't into the autograph thing, managed
to sign a few in the morning, but turned down all requests the rest of the day.
TERI HATCHER was a name I didn't expect to get this weekend. She's not a
super signer, and tends to shy away from crowds. She really played it up for
the cameras today, signing anything and everything..walking up and down the
rail, making sure everyone got their stuff signed.

EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION: Yeah, I admit it. I watch this show every now
and then, and I thoroughly enjoy it. Pardon my french, but what a bunch of
assholes this show has for a "cast". MICHAEL MOLONEY would not touch a pen.
TRACY HUSTON woudn't take sign or take photo ops, "Sorry sweetie, I'm not here
to do that." TY PENNINGTON....now that guy is a piece of work. To his credit,
he did sign 1 each for us, but when others approached him he started running.
When a little girl asked him to sign, he took her pen, threw it, and ran off.
When my friend tried to approach him for a signature he said, "Dude, get the
F**K away from me." It was amazing.

Anyway, that's it for now...

Kevin
Old September 17th 04, 03:36 PM
xxxnospamxxx

Great report. Very interesting to read.

Keep the post coming! They are too few and far between. :-)

JC
Old September 18th 04, 12:12 AM
Autogrph34

Awesome post.

Kinda pathetic though...out of all of those people who were there, the people
that gave the most problems it seems, were the people with the least
talent--Kelly Osbourne and the Home Edition people. I admit, I watch the Home
Edition show as well from time to time, but to get turned down for signatures
from a carpenter and some interior decorators is lame.

Keep up the posts!
Steve
Old September 18th 04, 01:00 AM
dahoov2

I agree; I mean they should take clues from the bigger celebs and not
**** off the fans. I mean, he's just a carpenter for crying out loud
and though I thought he'd be an interesting personality, I already
changed my opinion now just from this one incident. I mean throwing a
little girl's pen? Give me a break. That was rude.

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com
Old September 18th 04, 09:40 AM
KellyMonro007

Thanks for your report, Kevin. It really helps us collectors who don't live out
in CA or NY to see what kind of people some of these "celebrities" truly are.
Your posts always interest me. Keep it up.

Kelly
Old September 18th 04, 07:36 PM
Autogrph34

Follow up...

I didn't mean to say that the Home Edition people weren't talented--they are
and do a good show, etc. But they're by no means celebrities, actors or famous
people.

They should all lighten up and enjoy their few moments in the sun.

SG
Steve Gruber

Old September 20th 04, 02:54 AM
Bcoton

Its truly sad when at a PUBLICITY EVENT stars refuse to sign autographs. I
mean, they complain about getting ask at inappropriate private times (and I
agree) but if this isn't the right time- when is?
Old September 20th 04, 02:25 PM
dahoov2

That's true; it's good for their "Job" which is publicizing the even
to act appropriately. I guess though if they went through that and
signed along the red carpet or events scheduled, and they just wanted
to enjoy the park after... now that'd get annoying.