Newsgroups comment

Old January 7th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default Newsgroups comment

It just occurred to me that the more I read this group, the more attractive
the Italian, French and Danish philatelic groups appear. Sigh!
--
Tony Vella, Ottawa, Canada
http://tv-stamps.shorturl.com

Old January 7th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John DeBoo

And your point is?

Old January 7th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
bc92

"Tony Vella" wrote:

It just occurred to me that the more I read this group, the more
attractive the Italian, French and Danish philatelic groups appear.
Sigh!
--
Tony Vella, Ottawa, Canada
http://tv-stamps.shorturl.com

Tony, would you give a link to the "italian group", I'd like to have a
look.
Thanks,

--
Best regards,
Bruno

Old January 7th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Tony Vella wrote:
It just occurred to me that the more I read this group, the more
attractive the Italian, French and Danish philatelic groups appear.
Sigh!

John DeBoo found these unused words:

And your point is?

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
IIRC, he wants a moderated group wherein only purists may post.

Yes, and only in Danish ;-)

Hej, Mette!

--
Victor Manta

Old January 7th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
IIRC, he wants a moderated group wherein only purists may post.

Yes, and only in Danish ;-)

Since we are Danes, yes ;-)
Hej Victor!
Bus anyone can post there, in English, French, and any lingo you might
fancy. You name it, we will deal with it. Well, coming to think of it, maybe
not exactly Romanian ;-)

Mette

Old January 7th 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jan Doggen

Hello Tony

What exactly is your concern?
I thought we were a decent lot in here ;-)
Personal comments seem limited to the ironic kind and I do not see people
taking offence. Only the number of off-topic posts increases by it.
And the filters seems to have cut down on the spam..

Bye
Jan

"Tony Vella" schreef in bericht

Old January 7th 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default On our languages. Was: Newsgroups comment

"Mette" wrote in message
"Victor Manta" skrev i en meddelelse

Yes, and only in Danish ;-)

Since we are Danes, yes ;-)
Hej Victor!
Bus anyone can post there, in English, French, and any lingo you might
fancy. You name it, we will deal with it. Well, coming to think of it,
maybe not exactly Romanian ;-)

Mette

I'm proud for being assimilated to a Dane :-)

Dar de ce nu si în română? But why not in Romanian too? It is classified as
a Dacian language, a subgroup of Indo-European languages, that include most
of the major languages of Europe. ;-)

Indo-European (Indo refers to the Indian subcontinent) has the largest
numbers of speakers of the recognized families of languages in the world
today, with its languages spoken by approximately three billion native
speakers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_languages

So that, sometimes even without knowing it, quite all of us here speak (in
prose an Indo-European language.

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old January 8th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"bc92" wrote in message
"Tony Vella" wrote:

It just occurred to me that the more I read this group, the more
attractive the Italian, French and Danish philatelic groups appear. Sigh!
--
Tony Vella, Ottawa, Canada
http://tv-stamps.shorturl.com

Tony, would you give a link to the "italian group", I'd like to have a
look.
Thanks,

Here you are, Bruno. It's their new address:
http://forum.filateliaefrancobolli.it/
--
Tony Vella, Ottawa, Canada

Old January 8th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
bc92

Tony Vella wrote :

Tony, would you give a link to the "italian group", I'd like to have a
look.
Thanks,

Here you are, Bruno. It's their new address:
http://forum.filateliaefrancobolli.it/

Thanks a lot !

--
Cordialement,
Bruno

Old January 12th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 10:50:00 -0800, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

IIRC, he wants a moderated group wherein only purists may post.

I dunno about that...

We have had some OT posts, but to me they have been related to the
handling of philatelic material or archival purposes.

Sometimes we can get a little "over the top" about it, but the
participants in those topics all know each other quite well from being
here (and e-mails) and I dare say, no offense was intended or accepted
by those asking and answering the questions - I haven't been told
about it anyway.

We all can get a bit thin skinned at times, but let's not get into the
moderated / non-moderated area again. Last time there was discussion
about this, 1,000 times more bloodshed than we've seen here in the
past 6 months / year. It was rcs genocide.

Not always do I have the answer for all philatelic questions, so I
fill in with computer knowledge when it pops up. These questions,
when asked in a computer newsgroup may bring the woodwork out of the
wall and make the panels melt. Translation: Many newsgroups would
frown on those questions as newbee mutterings and the poster made a
fool of...

I think we have a pretty good family here and helping out in related
areas (computers as an adjunct to philately - of course! art is
another) is a pretty good thing. May not be in the Charter, but it
doesn't spam every day nor last for weeks on end.

We're not Linns, Mekeel or Scott Stamp Monthly, but we surely have
participants galore with enough info to match them in content. This
is shown every time someone posts a help wanted identification
message. We score anywhere between 95 - 100% most times.

May you all have a philatelically correct day! :^)