Red Sox win series

Old October 28th 04, 11:59 AM
phil

Default Red Sox win series

Congratulations to the Red Sox and their fans for their World Series victory
over the St. Louis Cardinals.
Now can we put the talk of 'the curse' behind us and get back to baseball
next year?The Yankees will be waiting.

--
Today 50 families will find out their child has autism.
1 in 150 children have an autism spectrum disorder.

Old October 28th 04, 01:25 PM
Edwin Johnston

phil wrote:
Congratulations to the Red Sox and their fans for their World Series victory
over the St. Louis Cardinals.
Now can we put the talk of 'the curse' behind us and get back to baseball
next year?The Yankees will be waiting.

We all stand in awe of the blood red moon.
Old October 28th 04, 03:53 PM
John Stone

"phil" wrote in message ...
Congratulations to the Red Sox and their fans for their World Series victory
over the St. Louis Cardinals.
Now can we put the talk of 'the curse' behind us and get back to baseball
next year?The Yankees will be waiting.

If they broke the curse does that mean the curse was never there in the
first place? AFAIK there was no provision that they had to do something
else first in order for the curse to be broken other than just winning.
Does any of that make sense? (smile face here).
Old October 28th 04, 05:06 PM
Bruce Remick

Researching REMICK worldwide.
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users.../Bruce-Remick/
"John Stone" wrote in message
om...
"phil" wrote in message

Congratulations to the Red Sox and their fans for their World Series

victory
over the St. Louis Cardinals.
Now can we put the talk of 'the curse' behind us and get back to

baseball
next year?The Yankees will be waiting.

If they broke the curse does that mean the curse was never there in the
first place? AFAIK there was no provision that they had to do something
else first in order for the curse to be broken other than just winning.
Does any of that make sense? (smile face here).

I grew up in New England and have followed the Red Sox since the late
1940's. The "curse" thing is a recent diversion from what I remember. We
all knew the Frazee-Ruth story, but usually just enjoyed the colorful
players on the team each year and savored the excitement whenever the Sox
made the playoffs. We had our share of players who led the league in one
stat or another, and that seemed to satisfy most of us. Those World Series
losses hurt us, like any losing team's fans, but there was really no talk of
a curse until the 1980's, probably when the sports press needed something
provocative to write about.

Bruce
'I smell a new commem dollar'

Old October 28th 04, 07:47 PM
Numismatist

Curse? What curse? g

Old October 28th 04, 10:46 PM
David Wang

John Stone wrote:
"phil" wrote in message ...
Congratulations to the Red Sox and their fans for their World Series victory
over the St. Louis Cardinals.
Now can we put the talk of 'the curse' behind us and get back to baseball
next year?The Yankees will be waiting.

If they broke the curse does that mean the curse was never there in the
first place? AFAIK there was no provision that they had to do something
else first in order for the curse to be broken other than just winning.
Does any of that make sense? (smile face here).

It was foretold, so ofcourse it was true.

The betrayal of the footwear users will be remembered harshly.
The overweight infant will place an encumberance on the betrayers.
The misdeeds will end when blood is obtained from the footwear
and the heavenly dogs consume the light of evenstar.

(needs work, I know. Perhaps someone else can work on it)

--
davewang202(at)yahoo(dot)com
Old October 28th 04, 11:05 PM
phil

curse or not,I'm happy for them.They deserved to win and earned the
championship.They are a great team-better than the Yankees (this
year-grin) and are capable of winning the world championship any
time.Yankee fans know this,and
never take them lightly.This will do a lot to intensify the rivalry so next
season will be great.
Carl Yastrzemski,the great left feilder and (later) first baseman, actually
grew up about 5 miles from where I live,and I had the privelage of meeting
him a few times;even though I am a Yankees fan,it was a great thrill.I also
met a few other Red Sox players (when I was a kid).
Here on Long Island,the far east end,there is a large contingent of Boston
fans because before cable t.v.,all our television was from New England,so we
were exposed mostly to Boston during the baseball season.Also the fact that
one of their greats grew up here had something to do with it.

Old October 28th 04, 11:07 PM
phil

David said-
The betrayal of the footwear users will be remembered harshly.
The overweight infant will place an encumberance on the betrayers.
The misdeeds will end when blood is obtained from the footwear
and the heavenly dogs consume the light of evenstar.

sounds like a Nostradamus prediction.

Old October 29th 04, 12:06 AM
David Wang

phil wrote:
David said-
The betrayal of the footwear users will be remembered harshly.
The overweight infant will place an encumberance on the betrayers.
The misdeeds will end when blood is obtained from the footwear
and the heavenly dogs consume the light of evenstar.

sounds like a Nostradamus prediction.

It's supposed to be. Very rough ofcourse.

With some more work, it'll seem like Nostradamus
predicted the curse and its resolution.

--
davewang202(at)yahoo(dot)com