Survey -- 3 candidate coins for NCS treatment

Old February 5th 04, 11:32 PM
Michael Benveniste

Default Survey -- 3 candidate coins for NCS treatment

We haven't talked about "conserving" coins for a while, so I'd like
to do a quick survey. Here's a link to a page with six 800x600
images of 3 coins I currently own. One of the coins is a recent
purchase and may go back, the other two I've owned for a while:

http://webwhat.home.comcast.net/dipper.html

Which coins do you think would benefit from a trip to NCS and a nice
refreshing bath or two?

--
Michael Benveniste --
Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email

Old February 6th 04, 12:01 AM
Bob Flaminio

Michael Benveniste wrote:
We haven't talked about "conserving" coins for a while, so I'd like
to do a quick survey. Here's a link to a page with six 800x600
images of 3 coins I currently own. One of the coins is a recent
purchase and may go back, the other two I've owned for a while:

http://webwhat.home.comcast.net/dipper.html

Which coins do you think would benefit from a trip to NCS and a nice
refreshing bath or two?

Good thread topic. Should get some heated opinions :-)

1) Barber Quarter -- NCS should be able to bring out a nice cameo effect
on this one. Send it.

2) Isabella Quarter -- while I'm not a toning kind of person, the toning
here is unobtrusive and quite natural. I'd leave it as-is.

3) Lafayette Dollar -- Yecchh!! This one looks like it contracted some
bizarre tropical disease. NCS would clean it up nicely. Send it in.

--
Bob

Old February 6th 04, 12:36 AM
Terry

"Michael Benveniste" wrote in message
We haven't talked about "conserving" coins for a while, so I'd like
to do a quick survey. Here's a link to a page with six 800x600
images of 3 coins I currently own. One of the coins is a recent
purchase and may go back, the other two I've owned for a while:

http://webwhat.home.comcast.net/dipper.html

Which coins do you think would benefit from a trip to NCS and a nice
refreshing bath or two?

--
Michael Benveniste --
Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email

They all need as much help as they can get.

TerryS

Old February 6th 04, 12:38 AM
J. Craton

Michael Benveniste wrote:

We haven't talked about "conserving" coins for a while, so I'd like
to do a quick survey. Here's a link to a page with six 800x600
images of 3 coins I currently own. One of the coins is a recent
purchase and may go back, the other two I've owned for a while:

http://webwhat.home.comcast.net/dipper.html

Which coins do you think would benefit from a trip to NCS and a nice
refreshing bath or two?

I think that coin numbers 2 and 3 could benefit. Coin number 1 hopefully
is in a red PCI holder because there are enough hairlines on that coins
obverse to blind a man!

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------

Nick is a DICK!
Reid is a troglodyte!

Old February 6th 04, 12:46 AM
Ed Hendricks

"Michael Benveniste" wrote in message

We haven't talked about "conserving" coins for a while, so I'd like
to do a quick survey. Here's a link to a page with six 800x600
images of 3 coins I currently own. One of the coins is a recent
purchase and may go back, the other two I've owned for a while:

http://webwhat.home.comcast.net/dipper.html

Which coins do you think would benefit from a trip to NCS and a nice
refreshing bath or two?

--
Michael Benveniste --
Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email

I vote for the Lafayette Dollar as being the candidate for NCS.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old February 6th 04, 12:52 AM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:

http://webwhat.home.comcast.net/dipper.html

Which coins do you think would benefit from a trip to NCS and a nice
refreshing bath or two?

Why NCS as opposed to PCGS?

Trying to learn,

Scot Kamins
--
Currently liquidating a collection of US slabs
For a list, see http://www.dogeared.com/coins.html
Old February 6th 04, 12:57 AM
Michael Benveniste

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:38:43 -0800, "J. Craton"
wrote:

I think that coin numbers 2 and 3 could benefit. Coin number 1 hopefully
is in a red PCI holder because there are enough hairlines on that coins
obverse to blind a man!

Alas, it is not. PCI Green Label Serial Number 000010443500005.
Guess which coin is the new purchase? Although I did not intend for
this to be comment on coin photographs, here's the same obverse shot
under more "head-on" lighting:
http://webwhat.home.comcast.net/barber3.jpg

Old February 6th 04, 01:10 AM
Frank Provasek

The Barber is severely hairlined which cannot be fixed, the other 2 are nice
original toning and should be left alone.

--
RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://www.frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259

Old February 6th 04, 01:31 AM
Bruce Hickmott

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:32:49 GMT, Michael Benveniste
is alleged to have written:

We haven't talked about "conserving" coins for a while, so I'd like
to do a quick survey. Here's a link to a page with six 800x600
images of 3 coins I currently own. One of the coins is a recent
purchase and may go back, the other two I've owned for a while:

http://webwhat.home.comcast.net/dipper.html

Which coins do you think would benefit from a trip to NCS and a nice
refreshing bath or two?

The only coin I'd consider is the Lafayette. The toning on the others doesn't
look at all bad to me from the photos and shows the coin is original.

If those scratches are on the holder of the Barber, that's a nice coin.

Bruce
Old February 6th 04, 02:11 AM
Bill Krummel

wrote:

I think that coin numbers 2 and 3 could benefit. Coin number 1 hopefully
is in a red PCI holder because there are enough hairlines on that coins
obverse to blind a man!

Alas, it is not. PCI Green Label Serial Number 000010443500005.
Guess which coin is the new purchase? Although I did not intend for
this to be comment on coin photographs, here's the same obverse shot
under more "head-on" lighting:
http://webwhat.home.comcast.net/barber3.jpg

--
Michael Benveniste --
Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email

Wow! I have photographed coins where the difference in angle was the
difference between MS67 and bodybag, but I have never had anything that
dramatic. Man, and I really like the look of that obverse in your second
picture. Makes me wince when I go back and look at the first image. Bill