Montenegro Independent?!

Old May 22nd 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Montenegro Independent?!

What’s the point of that? It already uses the Euro, so it’s not as if I’m
going to get another kingfin coin set out of it, is it? At least Macedonia,
Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia each produced a beautiful coin set, so the
thousands of women and children who were used as stick- pigs didn’t die in
vain – they suffered for my very dangerous hobby, and I’m grateful to them.

You’ll notice I’ve excluded Bosnia-Herzegovina from that list. A crappy coin
set they produced – one look at it tells you they don’t deserve to be a
country. Of course, if the Herzegovinians were any sort of a nation, they’d
split from Bosnia rather than suffer a trash coinage like that.

Albert Speer said he sometimes wondered whether Hitler had become dictator
solely in order to carry out his architectural fantasies. As for Milosevic,
I sometimes think: nationalist or numismatist? Definitely a numismatic hero
in my view, and I think this newsgroup should consider honoring him each
year on the anniversary of his death.

Adolf Glitter.

"My heart is as black as my skin".

Old May 23rd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

What a great way to judge a country, by its coins! Counties exist for their
own sake, not for the benefit of coin collectors. If Montenegro wants to
be separate from Serbia, the fact that uses the euro has nothing to do with
it. They are a separate racial group and speak a different Slavic
language. If you don't think you will like their coins, do not collect
them.

Many people do not like the US coins, so do you think they should judge us
by them?

Tony
..

Old May 23rd 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

A.E. Gelat wrote:
Counties exist for their own sake, not for the benefit of coin collectors.

I think you posted to the wrong group.

Now Montenegro, soon Kosovo, then what? How about an independent Ragusa
again? They had some nice coins in the day.

B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / / http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html
The Next Asylum / 203 Long Hill Road / Bolton, MA 01740-1421 / +1 978
Old May 23rd 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In article "B.J. Herbison" writes:
A.E. Gelat wrote:
Counties exist for their own sake, not for the benefit of coin collectors.

I think you posted to the wrong group.

No. Tony replied to a troll.
Old May 23rd 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Thank you Dik

Tony

"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message
In article "B.J. Herbison"
writes:
A.E. Gelat wrote:
Counties exist for their own sake, not for the benefit of coin
collectors.

I think you posted to the wrong group.

No. Tony replied to a troll.
--
dik t. winter, cwi, kruislaan 413, 1098 sj amsterdam, nederland,
+31205924131

Old May 23rd 06, 10:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

No. Tony replied to a troll.

I'm not a troll, but you're a Dik by your own admission.

Dolfie.

Old May 23rd 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

A.E. Gelat wrote:
They are a separate racial group and speak a different Slavic language.

Certainly, you meant a separate -culture- and not racial group, right,
Tony?

While Montenegrins have a history of language conflation with Serbian
(and others), they do indeed have their own language, its literary
pinnacle achieved by Petar Njegos, the Shakespeare of Montenegro.

I had the pleasure of visiting Crna Gora last October and, yes, they do
use the euro!

~Anka

Old May 23rd 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ï "A.E. Gelat" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
What a great way to judge a country, by its coins! Counties exist for
their own sake, not for the benefit of coin collectors.

True.
But right now the outcome is not clear enough, the pro group won 55% which
is the limit for the referendum to be valid.
The important thing now is the *exact* number of votes after the
"fine-tuning": it will be 54.99% or 55.01%?...
The against group asked already for a new counting of the votes...
Aloooo, US posters and especially those from Florida, does it ring a
bell?;-)

If Montenegro wants to be separate from Serbia, the fact that uses the
euro has nothing to do with it. They are a separate racial group and
speak a different Slavic language.

Well, that's something I hear for the first time!
I've always thought they are Serbs, they belong to the same ethnic group or
to be more precise to be "southern slavs" (like the Serbs) which in their
language is ... "Yugoslavs"!
What's the truth?

tnx

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old May 23rd 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

gogu wrote:

I've always thought they are Serbs, they belong to the same ethnic group or
to be more precise to be "southern slavs" (like the Serbs) which in their
language is ... "Yugoslavs"!
What's the truth?

The truth is that there is no such thing as a Yugoslav. Yugoslavia was
an artificial country, pieced together with the most slender of
political threads.

Montenegrins are not Serbs.

~Anka

Old May 23rd 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

? "Anka" ?????? ??? ??????
oups.com...

gogu wrote:

I've always thought they are Serbs, they belong to the same ethnic group
or
to be more precise to be "southern slavs" (like the Serbs) which in their
language is ... "Yugoslavs"!
What's the truth?

The truth is that there is no such thing as a Yugoslav.

This is not true.
The (slavic) people residing in the area of the former Yugoslavia are
referred as "southern slavs" which in the Serb language is translated as
"yugo slavs" hence the name of the (artificial- country....

Yugoslavia was
an artificial country, pieced together with the most slender of
political threads.

As many other countries in the 20th century, Czechoslovakia coming first in
mind.

Maybe I should have used lower case: they are "yugo slavs", meaning
"southern slavs".
Is this OK with you now?

Montenegrins are not Serbs.

So what are they?
I've asked a question and I received no reply...