Could this be a Proof 1909 Lincoln Cent?

Old June 8th 10, 03:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money,alt.collecting
Bob Larter

Default Could this be a Proof 1909 Lincoln Cent?

I found this 1909 Lincoln penny in a roll of wheat cents today. It
immediately jumped out to me because it was so shiny and bright. At
first look, I thought I was looking at a 1943 steel penny that was in
very good condition. I was really surprised to see it was a 1909.

The details on the coin are very clear, and I am afraid that my
pictures do not do the coin justice. I was reading about 1909 proofs
but everything I read was on the matte proof. This penny has a very
nice luster to it, not a matte finish at all. However, the rim or edge
of the penny is very squared, not rounded like other pennies.

Were there any proofs made of 1909 Lincolns that were not matte
proofs? Please take a look at these photos and let me know if you
think I might have something of value. I will try to get better photos
later.

http://tiny.cc/9gis8