storage question -- please advise

Old October 28th 03, 10:26 PM
c3dy8911r

Default storage question -- please advise

Hello All,
I inherited two large stamp albums (cardboard pages, mostly no plastic
covers) with stamps from various countries, most of which are 40-100
years old.

Do you suggest I remove the stamps from their original books (many are
simple attached with stamp hinges) and put them in newer albums, or
should I leave them alone?

Please let me know what you think. Thanks for your input.

c3dy8911r
Old October 30th 03, 02:44 AM
Gene Barkley

Until you get a little experience, it would seem to me that you should leave
them alone. If you live in an area with a stamp club, or a dealer that has a
good rep for being fair, ask them to take a look at what you have. There is no
hurry and you could cause yourself problems.
Gene Barkley (collector for over 60 years, not that means anything.)