New EBAY Pricing??

Old January 13th 05, 11:39 AM
Routz3Cingred

Default New EBAY Pricing??

Anyone else get the E Mail from EBAY with their new prices??Getting a little
steep...Maybe the boards will pick up again??
Old January 13th 05, 01:43 PM
mike gogal

ITS BRUTAL

THEY DONT MAKE ENOUGH NOW??????ASSHOLES

Old January 13th 05, 03:19 PM
Patrick Brisson

That's ridiculous ! One of the biggest profitable corporation in the world,
again they want more from the small person !

www.yinrick.com

Patrick

Old January 13th 05, 07:53 PM
PJnineteen

I agree--and ad that to the ever increasing PayPal fees--and I'm ready for the
boards to pick up.

PJ
Old January 13th 05, 09:38 PM

I agree. eBay and PayPal are getting out of hand. BUT what other game in
town is there? deals on the group take long and payment is not even
guaranteed. Trades are impossible when everyone wants the same cards. Of
course, you cannot trade on eBay nor can you make a deal of cash and trade
on eBay. (Oh that would mess up Doc Beckett's price guide). How would he
list the card value then?
Old January 13th 05, 09:55 PM
DAN & DARLENE MACIVER

Bidville is out there- free to list but no one uses it - if more purchases
were made there then more collectors would come over....

--
DARLENE AND DAN MACIVER
20 FOREST WOOD DR

Old January 14th 05, 09:34 PM
CanadianHockeyCards.com

Yahoo auctions are cheap. 10 cents a listing. Bulk listing options and a
feedback system.
Beckett would just have to go back to the old fashioned way of gathering
their pricing. Card shows and dealer input.

eBay shares dropped $4 after this announcement because investors know that
eBay is not going to make any extra money doing this. All sellers will do
is further raise their shipping fees to recover their increased listing fees
which means that the auction prices will end lower, and eBay will lose out
on final auction value fees.
Now the question is, will Beckett see cards selling for less, but with high
shipping costs, and think, "the cards have dropped in price, we have to
lower the price again in our guide", without thinking, "that card sold for
$2, and if we add on the $3 shipping, then that card actually sold for $5.,
we better raise the price in our guide."

Tom
www.CanadianHockeyCards.com, where shipping is free on orders over $10

wrote in message
I agree. eBay and PayPal are getting out of hand. BUT what other game in
town is there? deals on the group take long and payment is not even
guaranteed. Trades are impossible when everyone wants the same cards. Of
course, you cannot trade on eBay nor can you make a deal of cash and trade
on eBay. (Oh that would mess up Doc Beckett's price guide). How would he
list the card value then?

Ebay autograph policy Gummby3 Autographs 0 April 16th 04 01:29 AM
do not forward OFF this group that Xlist dahoov2 Autographs 4 March 9th 04 03:45 AM
eBay spoofs John Yamamoto-Wilson Books 0 January 23rd 04 12:46 AM
eBay listing and reserve fees to skyrocket Feb. 1 Ira Stein Coins 16 January 7th 04 12:45 AM
How to avoid getting cheated on eBay -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 January 2nd 04 07:48 PM