Question >> Cards not received!! > I need advice !!

Old January 25th 04, 03:24 AM
Chris McCurdy

Default Question >> Cards not received!! > I need advice !!

Hi,

I recently sold a card through this group and the fellow on the other end
has not received his card...
The card was mailed January 1 2004.
The card was mailed from Canada to US regular mail bubble envelop.

What do people generally do in these situations...
(I have never had a "shipment" go missing).

How long do people wait?
Do you give refunds? if so how much?

--
Thanks for the read... Chris

Please post to the group so we can both read or I'll forward on to him...

Old January 25th 04, 04:06 AM
winston b.hart

Good evening Chris.I am not sure where you live in Canada.But I live in Nova
Scotia and I have had items take as long as 5 weeks.Now I know that it is
hard to convince the person on the other end that it still may be in the
mail.If you told the person that you would not be responsible for lost or
stolen mail unless they purchased registered or x-press post than I do not
believe that you would be responsible.And even if you did purchase
registered mail,the post office will NOT check into lost mail until at least
30 days have passed.
I recently bought a card from a person on ebay.The auctioned ended on
Nov.13th/03.I have not received my card yet.But the person always answers my
emails so I just figure that he is being honest and that yes it got lost or
stolen.Those things happen.After all it is only human to error.So there is
no way I will leave this person negative feedback.But now back to your
situation.If it was me than I believe I would handle it like this.If the
person was being understanding than I would offer him/her a replacement card
and yes this time I would send it by registered mail.Yes it would cost me
but you have eliminated that thought that will always be there.Was the card
received but the person is just trying to get something for nothing.If the
person is being a jerk than I would just say that you were given the chance
to buy registered mail,you passed.So now you have no card.But no matter what
you do you will be the loser.But by replacing the card you will at least
save face with the rest of the collecting world.I know that this probably
does not help much but it is what I would do.I have always been a firm
believer that there is no situation that cannot be resolved with good
communication.I will wish you good luck with resolving your
situation,Winston.

--
Winston
B.Hart

B4N 3T9

1-902-681-5541

Old January 25th 04, 04:45 AM
JSokol1626

With the hih terror alert in the US I've had packages take 3 weeks to get to
Canada from the US. Could be just really slow mail.
Old January 25th 04, 03:44 PM
Barb

JSokol1626 wrote:

With the hih terror alert in the US I've had packages take 3 weeks to get to
Canada from the US. Could be just really slow mail.

I recently had a package arrive from Canada 6 weeks after it was
mailed...and it was sent airmail....

Old January 25th 04, 04:16 PM
Hockeygamers1

I just got a package from Canada to US in 8 days,
Old January 25th 04, 04:40 PM
RJWDUKE

i have received many packages from canada in the last couple months and the
amount of time they have floated around in the mail system has been all over
the board. i've received cards in as little as 5 days and as long as 24 days.
of interest to mention the cards sent from london, ontario to detroit michigan
( a whole 140 miles) was the package that took 24 days to arrive. the person i
traded with could have walked them over here and walked back home faster. i
believe the variance in the mailing times lies in customs and the paranoia that
thrives with terrorism. hope the package gets there soon and am quite confident
it will eventually.
Old January 25th 04, 04:54 PM
Kevin B.

I received a refund from a seller fom Canada after I didn't get the
card for 5 weeks.I received the card the other day(was mailed the day
after US Thanksgiving) and refunded the refund.
I think it's up to the seller and buyer.If no insurance was
offered,then the seller should be responsible.If it was and not
taken,the buyer loses.
I bought a couple of Morrison Zenith RC that came late and were torn
to threads.He offered insurance and I did not take it.I contacted him
and he said there was nothing he could do.
I took the loss,because he did offer insurance.I've been putting
"not responsible for lost or stolen items if not insured on my
listings"
Kevin