Pelikan and Mont Blanc oblique nibs

Old July 8th 03, 11:34 AM
Karen Traviss

Default Pelikan and Mont Blanc oblique nibs

Has anyone here any experience of both Mont Blanc and Pelikan medium oblique
nibs please? I've just bought a Pelikan M400 with a medium oblique nib and I
like it so much I'm thinking of getting the equivalent nib unit for a Mont
Blanc Meisterstuck that I don't use a lot. I think I'd use it a lot more if
it had the right nib rather than the standard broad one that I had fitted on
purchase. (Which I want to keep, though, so it's not just a case of
returning the pen for a nib change.)

I'd really appreciate a comparison. It's a major performance to get hold of
an oblique Mont Blanc nib to try - in the UK, anyway - and I'm not willing
to just order one blindly for a small fortune and then find it isn't as
wonderful as the Pelikan version. I don't live near a Mont Blanc stockist
that carries the full range of nibs, unfortunately, so if I go for one I'll
have to order it from their UK headquarters (wherever that might be).

There was a time when I thought all oblique nibs were comparable but I have
a Parker 95 with an OM nib that's not a lot of fun.

Thanks
KT

--
Karen Traviss

Upcoming books : CITY OF PEARL (HarperCollins/Eos March 2004): GETHES
(HarperCollins/Eos): A GIFT FROM TIME (HarperCollins/Eos)
Short fiction now in August REALMS OF FANTASY - Does He Take Blood?
http://www.karentraviss.com