Baltimore - an extremely strong summer show

Old August 30th 05, 09:54 PM
Ed Kuszmar

Default Baltimore - an extremely strong summer show

We have been receiving many very positive comments about just how
strong the August 12-14, 2005 Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention
was. Many dealers said it was the strongest coin show they had ever
had. Many others were astonished that we could bring in that many
dealers and collectors into a summer show. The fact is that the August
2005 bourse was less than 15 tables from our March 2005 (our largest
show to date), and we had over 40 of our regular table holders on
vacation during this time. Many new dealers attended Baltimore for the
first time in August, and have already signed up for our December 9-11,
2005 Convention.

Total attendance for August 2005 was a bit over 10,000, and all the
reports we received said there was extrememly strong wholesale and
retail business being conducted. We thank everyone who attended making
this one of our strongest numismatic business Conventions, and special
thanks to all our generous dealers who helped raise the most money we
have ever raised for Children's Hospital.

The Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention continues to grow and get
stronger each time, and we had a record number of dealers sign up for
December 9-11, 2005 during the August Convention. We will be using Hall
E and Swing Hall (northwest corner of the Baltimore Convention Center)
for December 2005, which is larger than Halls A and B, and we can
accommodate about 50 new dealer tables, with additional room for club
tables, special exhibits, and meeting space. Starting in March 2006 we
will present our first "Super Convention" and will be using Halls A, B
and C, and we will increase our available bourse space by 50% more than
Halls A and B will hold.

The Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention offers "gratis" tables and
meeting space for clubs and numismatic organizations for the purpose of
introducing our dealers and guests to those organizations, and requests
that representatives of these clubs and organizations contact us if you
would like to participate in our December 9-11, 2005 Convention, or our
March 17-19, 2006 Super Convention. We are presently setting up
schedules for both of these future Baltimore Conventions, and the
sooner we know of their participation, the more we can include them in
our pre-show advertising and publicity. We have already included the
Society of Paper Money Collectors (SPMC) and the International Bank
Note Soecity (IBNS) for our December 2005 Baltimore Convention, as well
as our permanent meetings of the Early American Copper Club and the
Maryland Token and Medal Society. Call me at 561-392-8551 if your club
or numismatic organization would like to partificpate.

Dealers wishing bourse table information and contracts may call the
above number or write to: The Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention,
LLC, P. O. Box 4049, Boca Raton, Florida 33429.