A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rowe R-81 Jukebox repair

Old January 9th 18, 04:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Rowe R-81 Jukebox repair

Picked up a Rowe R-81 at an auction a few years back. Just getting around to work on it. It needs some TLC, but seems to be in OK shape. When I plug it in, it immediately picks up a record, deposits it on the turntable and plays it. Not perfectly but it plays. Some adjustments are needed, but nothing that I can't take care of.

The problem is, once the record finishes playing, it is picked up, returned to the carousel then picked up and played again. It just plays the same record over and over on its own until you shut it off or unplug it. The carousel is not jammed as I can rotate it by hitting the scan button but whatever record i stop at just continues to play. The "clear memory" button does not solve the problem.
The display does not light up and doesn't seem to have any power to it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am in upstate NY.

Thanks.
Ads
Old January 11th 18, 11:21 AM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Picked up a Rowe R-81 at an auction a few years back. Just getting around to work on it. It needs some TLC, but seems to be in OK shape. When I plug it in, it immediately picks up a record, deposits it on the turntable and plays it. Not perfectly but it plays. Some adjustments are needed, but nothing that I can't take care of.

The problem is, once the record finishes playing, it is picked up, returned to the carousel then picked up and played again. It just plays the same record over and over on its own until you shut it off or unplug it. The carousel is not jammed as I can rotate it by hitting the scan button but whatever record i stop at just continues to play. The "clear memory" button does not solve the problem.
The display does not light up and doesn't seem to have any power to it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am in upstate NY.

Thanks.
Hi Mickey,

I have contacted you direct.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK