Rock-ola Rocket II 5500X CD100 Keypad Err

Old April 1st 15, 02:14 AM
Mad AL Mad AL is offline
Junior Member

Default Rock-ola Rocket II 5500X CD100 Keypad Err

Hello`

My frist post here.

I Have a problem with my Rock-ola Rocket II CD100 5500X Jukebox
Was playing a CD then it stop and showed Err on the display.Cd was back in the Magazine.
It was misplaecing CD in the Magaine by one spot the day befor.
only had 3 cd`s in the juke
Now it will not show any Keys press on the Didplay, But it will still show cedits.
On start up Display will flash the (O,U,C,P,L,A,H, then S - 1) for normal operation.
Power box has all 3 LED on.
No Keys input will show on the Dispaly. The only thing that works on the keypad is Program Trun Page buttons

trying Kaypad for system functions input it still not show any input.

Would this be a system 5A or Kaypad problem ?
Any info on how to find and fix the problem be cool.

Cant find any places in Australia that work or have info this system.

Is any one selling parts ? maybe if I replace the kaypad and it`s ribbon

If its the system 5A wich chips I be looking at ?

Also I would like to know how the coin mech is to be wired up. Thers a 15 wire ribbon going to it and only 3 are used . Coin mech was add later just like to check what each wire is for. Coin mech not working have to jump wire 1 & 15 to get credits.
I have the Operation & Service Manual. But the wireing info is not in it !
Old June 24th 17, 02:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Do you still have the manual for the rock-ola rocket 5500?
Old June 24th 17, 02:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Do you still have manual for the 5500?
Old October 17th 17, 04:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Greg Lentz[_2_]

Your subject title indicates Rocket II (5500-1) but your question says 5500
not 5500-1. They are different. I will assume Rocket II (5500-1)
Software and error messages for 6000-1 (anniversary legend) and certain
Nostalgic, CD-4, CD-6 and CD-8's are the same as the Rocket II. You need
manual for S-6A electronics. They are black in color. Try Victory Glass. Be
careful, there are earlier versions of the CD-x and nostalgic which use S-5A
and are black also. The software is different and may not have the same
error codes. There is also original CD based Rocket and Legend (6000) models
which use the S-5A black electronics.

Greg

Old October 19th 17, 01:07 AM
Mad AL Mad AL is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Lentz[_2_] View Post

wrote in message

Do you still have manual for the 5500?
It is a Rocket II (5500-1)
I have the Rocket II manual