Shakespeare collection

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 9th 03, 08:18 PM
satchin

Default Shakespeare collection

I am new to Newsgroups and book collecting so please bear with me. I have a
set of Sakespeare books. The only info on the title page is:

(Handy Stratford Edition) - on left corner
COMPLETE WORKS OF WILLIAMSHAKESPEARE
Illusrated with Steel Engravings
Volume 1
Life
Tempest
Two Gentlemen of Verona
Comedy of Errors

Philadelphia
David McKay, Publisher

I have the complete 13 volumes. I Saw it advertised for $1200.00 at a site
but wanted to verify the publication date before selling. Did research on
David McKay, Library of Congress says there is no date recorded for these
books, but they are listed.

Can anyone tell me how to go about putting a value on them so I can list
them correctly? Where to list them so they will reach the right buyers?
Should I simply go to all antiquarian book sellers/buyers and post the
listing?

I just started being a seller at Abe books so would there be a conflict in
placing in other sites?

I could be deluding myself in thinking there is value to these books, but
have exhausted every resource I can find online and would just like to find
an easier, profitable would be nice, way to list. Just because I found he
same book for $1200 does not necessarily mean to me that if I listed it for
$800 I would get a sale. How do I know how long it has been listed there?

Any help sure would be appreciated.