Warning on fake eBay coins

Old September 2nd 11, 10:00 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

Default Warning on fake eBay coins

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Sep 1, 7:13 pm, "Bremick" wrote:

Interesting. I believe I have been here since that time and never had a
clue this was anything other than an unmoderated usenet group.

Gary Lewis did pay dues for RCC to become an ANA member club so that
they would be able to get a meeting room at ANA shows.
-------------

So this is what made RCC an "official ANA online club"? If so, there must
be many other "official ANA clubs" like EAC, etc., if all that means is that
by paying dues they get a shot at a meeting room at an ANA show. Out of
curiousity, when was the last time RCC had a meeting room at an ANA show?

Old September 2nd 11, 10:03 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Some Guy[_2_]

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
Gary Lewis did pay dues for RCC to become an ANA member club so that they would
be able to get a meeting room at ANA shows.

Was that before or after his musical career with The Playboys?

Old September 2nd 11, 10:32 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

On Sep 1, 7:13 pm, "Bremick" wrote:

Interesting. I believe I have been here since that time and never had a
clue this was anything other than an unmoderated usenet group.

Gary Lewis did pay dues for RCC to become an ANA member club so that
they would be able to get a meeting room at ANA shows.
-------------

So this is what made RCC an "official ANA online club"? If so, there must
be many other "official ANA clubs" like EAC, etc., if all that means is that
by paying dues they get a shot at a meeting room at an ANA show. Out of
curiousity, when was the last time RCC had a meeting room at an ANA show?

EAC, SPMC, TAMS, etc. can all be ANA "club" members since they are truly
"clubs" (they have constitutions/bylaws, maintain membership lists, hold
elections, have officers, issue publications, etc.). They even get to
nominate candidates and vote in ANA elections if two of their officers
sign the nomination form / ballot.

I find it hard to believe that R.C.C meets any kind of definition of a
"club". The fact that Gary paid dues "for r.c.c" out of his own pocket
is fairly meaningless unless he was authorized by the
Rec.Collecting.Coins Board of Directors to do so. (TINR.C.CBoD ...).
I suspect that the ANA eventually rejected the r.c.c membership
application as "insufficient" since it could not have been signed by two
of the club's "officers".

Does anybody know the membership number of r.c.c and it's status??

(And FWIW I did attend one of the r.c.c "meetings" at an ANA show ...
not in New York, but I disremember where. IIRC, Gary showed up
initially but ducked out immediately to a Board meeting. I remember
Anka being there, and a few other people (one possibly Nick Knight), but
I don't think anybody took roll or meeting minutes, or even "ran" the
meeting for that matter ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com
Old September 3rd 11, 12:06 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Some Guy" wrote in message

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
Gary Lewis did pay dues for RCC to become an ANA member club so that they
would be able to get a meeting room at ANA shows.

Was that before or after his musical career with The Playboys?

The term "career" is a vast overstatement.

So is "musical".

Old September 3rd 11, 05:59 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
BrotherBart[_2_]

On 9/1/2011 7:13 PM, Bremick wrote:

Interesting. I believe I have been here since that time and never had a
clue this was anything other than an unmoderated usenet group.

Yeah. If you go back and do the research you will find it was the
reach-around creativity conference usenet group. Eventually it became
obvious that most of the participants were coin dealers so it evolved.

Old September 3rd 11, 11:19 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Will[_3_]

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 18:56:56 -0700, Ken Barr wrote:

In article ,
"Tom McGilvray" wrote:

I find it highly immprobable that someone could sue anyone based on what
someone
said in a newsgroup.

Hey, this is AMERICA!

No, it's a newsgroup. Another typical arrogant/ignorant american.

Old September 3rd 11, 11:50 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_4_]

"Will" wrote in message ...

Anyone stupid enough to allow themselves to get sued over a Usenet
post must be a moron. Sounds like complete bull****, just like the
rest of your post.

New around these parts, are you?

--
Jeff R.

Old September 4th 11, 01:35 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Will[_3_]

On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 08:50:42 +1000, "Jeff R." wrote:

"Will" wrote in message ...

Anyone stupid enough to allow themselves to get sued over a Usenet
post must be a moron. Sounds like complete bull****, just like the
rest of your post.

New around these parts, are you?

If by 'new' you mean approx. 12 years 'around these parts', then yes.
Old September 4th 11, 02:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

"Will" wrote in message ...

Anyone stupid enough to allow themselves to get sued over a Usenet
post must be a moron. Sounds like complete bull****, just like the
rest of your post.

New around these parts, are you?

The original post was cross-posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay Jeff.

He's one of "them"
Old September 4th 11, 03:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_4_]

"Will" wrote in message ...

Anyone stupid enough to allow themselves to get sued over a Usenet
post must be a moron. Sounds like complete bull****, just like the
rest of your post.

New around these parts, are you?

The original post was cross-posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay Jeff.

He's one of "them"

Thanks Phil.
I don't pay a lot of attention nowadays.

--
Jeff R.