Book question: Standard Catalog of World Coins: 1801-1900 (Standard Catalog of World Coins 19th Century Edition 1801-1900).

Old January 18th 05, 10:31 PM
gogu

Default Book question: Standard Catalog of World Coins: 1801-1900 (Standard Catalog of World Coins 19th Century Edition 1801-1900).

Hello all!

Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 Krause catalogues of 19th
century ?...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

The only difference I can spot is that the first is the 3rd edition, the
second the 4th.
25.000 images both of them, so I think there is no something added in the
newer edition...
Is this correct ?
And now another strange thing: the 3rd edition costs $41.50 and the newer
the 4th costs ... $37.49 !!!

Thanks !

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

Old January 19th 05, 01:10 AM
James Higby

You note the two different editions astutely. There are differences in the
listings, not all of them advantageous. For instance, there are a couple
pages of very rare Greenland tokens in the 4th that weren't in the 3rd,
while there were some medallic Austrian coins in the 3rd that have been left
out of the 4th.

James
'that's my short answer'

Coin Books Dale Hallmark Coins 2 February 15th 04 08:03 PM
Coin Talk Needs You Peter T Davis Coins 51 September 16th 03 01:19 AM
Value Guides Keith Tilley Coins 3 July 21st 03 07:50 AM
Reducing Autograph Collection dani.steiner Autographs 0 July 16th 03 02:29 PM