I got an Ira coin! I got an Ira coin!

Old February 2nd 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default I got an Ira coin! I got an Ira coin!

"Eric Babula" wrote in message
0...
"jim menning" wrote in
:

"Eric Babula" wrote in message
0...
Woohoo! I finally broke down and bought an Ira coin! Ok, ok, it's
not one of the $10K coins he tends to sell, but to me it's a
beauty. PLUS, the auction came with a bonus coin. Both coins are
beauties, and both are nicer than the FECs that I previously had
in my collection!

Here's the link to the auction, since I haven't had time to take
my own pics, yet!

http://tinyurl.com/22jvrv Check out those feathers on that 1857!
Wow!

They're both as lovely in person as they are in the pics!

Time to get one in my Dansco 7070 Type Set and the other in my
regular album!

Thanks, Ira! Positive feedback is on the way!

I was also bidding in that auction, but dropped out early. A great
looking coin, except that nasty scratch below the eagle scared me
away. If it weren't for that mark, your bid would not have been
enough! ;o)

Scratch?? I'm not seeing a scratch.

I see a couple dings from other coins, but no scratch. Still an AU-50 to
me.

Those aren't dings or scratches. They're birthmarks. Badges of manhood.
Even MS65's are allowed a few.

Bruce
'trying to console his 1857 EF40 and assure it he still cares'

Old February 2nd 07, 01:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old February 2nd 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Draco

On Feb 2, 8:06 am, Eric Babula wrote:
Woohoo! I finally broke down and bought an Ira coin! Ok, ok, it's not
one of the $10K coins he tends to sell, but to me it's a beauty. PLUS,
the auction came with a bonus coin. Both coins are beauties, and both
are nicer than the FECs that I previously had in my collection!

Here's the link to the auction, since I haven't had time to take my own
pics, yet!

http://tinyurl.com/22jvrv Check out those feathers on that 1857! Wow!

They're both as lovely in person as they are in the pics!

Time to get one in my Dansco 7070 Type Set and the other in my regular
album!

Thanks, Ira! Positive feedback is on the way!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

That is a sweet coin Eric. Congrats.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old February 2nd 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula

"Draco" wrote in
ups.com:

[...]

I think I gotta put that AU 1857 in my Type Set! But, my Large and Half
Cents will look pretty silly in comparison, won't they? Hmm, maybe an
excuse to get better Large and Half Cents! ;-)

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old February 2nd 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"Eric Babula" thought it over and then opined:
I think I gotta put that AU 1857 in my Type Set! But, my Large and Half
Cents will look pretty silly in comparison, won't they? Hmm, maybe an
excuse to get better Large and Half Cents! ;-)

Now there's a man who has a firm grip on the joys of numismatics! Way to go
with the acquisition of that pretty FE Cent, amigo!

Amistad
'likes 'em when they fly!'

Old February 2nd 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sibirskmoneta

"Eric Babula" wrote in message
0...
Woohoo! I finally broke down and bought an Ira coin! Ok, ok, it's not
one of the $10K coins he tends to sell, but to me it's a beauty. PLUS,
the auction came with a bonus coin. Both coins are beauties, and both
are nicer than the FECs that I previously had in my collection!

Here's the link to the auction, since I haven't had time to take my own
pics, yet!

http://tinyurl.com/22jvrv Check out those feathers on that 1857! Wow!

They're both as lovely in person as they are in the pics!

Time to get one in my Dansco 7070 Type Set and the other in my regular
album!

Thanks, Ira! Positive feedback is on the way!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Coingratulations Eric. It is a milestone which many of us have duly
attained. I almost think there should be an insert in the PCGS holder or
something

You can see my Ira coin he

http://www.geocities.com/scottishmon...799dollar2.jpg a bit more $$$$
and my wife put me in the doghouse for about a month, but I love Anne(the
silver dollar)