Noodler's Equivalent To Shaeffer Scrip Blue Ink?

Old September 5th 04, 12:14 AM
Jeremy

Default Noodler's Equivalent To Shaeffer Scrip Blue Ink?

After reading all the positive comments about Noodler's black ink, I am
going to give it a try. I'm intrigued by the fact that the ink is more
impervious to water than are all the others.

Does Noodler make a blue that has similar characteristics? I am quite happy
with the translucent, Wedgwood blue shade of my Shaeffer Scrip, and I wonder
which shade, if any, would be Noodler's closest equivalent?

Finally, does anyone make a true "Fire-Engine" red ink? Something that
dries bright, and does not turn "orangy?"

--
Unfortunately nobody can control the disruptive behavior of sociopaths who
wish to post to an unmoderated newsgroup such as this one. Informed readers,

Old September 5th 04, 12:45 AM
Reuben S. Pitts III

Jeremy wrote:

Finally, does anyone make a true "Fire-Engine" red ink? Something that
dries bright, and does not turn "orangy?"

I think the new Sheaffer Red dries to a bright red color. I had the
same objection to other reds as you---they were a bick-like color.

Reuben

Old September 5th 04, 01:10 AM
Bluesea

"Jeremy" wrote in message
ink.net...
After reading all the positive comments about Noodler's black ink, I am
going to give it a try. I'm intrigued by the fact that the ink is more
impervious to water than are all the others.

Does Noodler make a blue that has similar characteristics? I am quite

happy
with the translucent, Wedgwood blue shade of my Shaeffer Scrip, and I

wonder
which shade, if any, would be Noodler's closest equivalent?

Finally, does anyone make a true "Fire-Engine" red ink? Something that
dries bright, and does not turn "orangy?"

Noodler's Black is boss, but I don't think you'd like the Blue because it's
quite vibrant. As for red, I abhor orangey red and am most content with
Sheaffer and Parker, but I haven't tried any of Noodler's reds except for
Widow Maker which is spell-bindingly dark and Hellbender Red which hints of
fuchsia. I also have some Pilot cartridges that are a non-orangey red, but
the ink may not be as bright as what I think you're wanting.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old September 5th 04, 03:07 AM
Jeff Miars

Red - try Noodler's Widow Maker.

Blue - you might consider Noodler's Ottoman Azure.

Old September 5th 04, 05:19 AM
Dave

Jeremy wrote:

Finally, does anyone make a true "Fire-Engine" red ink? Something that
dries bright, and does not turn "orangy?"

The problem is that everyone has different opinions about what "True"
red really is. That's ok...

Don't buy Pelikan in this situation - it's very orange-y. Lamy is quite
orange-y as well, though maybe not as much.

I like Waterman red. To me it's one of the ones that's neither orange
nor purple, but just red. It dries bright - doesn't leave a brown tint
like some red inks that are (to me) over-saturated. Your mileage may
vary. :-)

David
Old September 5th 04, 07:00 PM
Jimmy Tom

rOtring Red has been cited as a "true red", but I've never tried it. Omas
Amerigo Vespucci as well, which I do find is quite a "true red". I'm not
partial to red inks, so I can't really comment on any others, beyond what
I've read.

As far as waterproof blues, there is (was? I haven't kept track) a
Aquamarine Contract blue that Noodler's had sold under the Swisher Pens
label. A Noodler's Legal Lapis exists, but it's more of a blue-black with a
greenish tinge. Apparently Art Brown had a permanent blue Noodler's, but I
haven't seen nor heard very much about it.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jimmy.

ink.net...

Old September 6th 04, 02:18 AM
Garglemonster

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 18:00:06 GMT, "Jimmy Tom"
said:

Jimmy rOtring Red has been cited as a "true red", but I've never
Jimmy tried it. Omas Amerigo Vespucci as well, which I do find
Jimmy is quite a "true red". I'm not partial to red inks, so I
Jimmy can't really comment on any others, beyond what I've read.

i've been told that vespucci red isn't made anymore. maybe that's
true and maybe it isn't, but it is hard to find. i've been using
herbin rouge caroubier instead. red ink is sometimes a necessity
rather than a matter of choice.

--

I always have fun because I'm out of my mind!!!
Old September 6th 04, 04:36 AM
Jimmy Tom

i've been told that vespucci red isn't made anymore. maybe that's
true and maybe it isn't, but it is hard to find. i've been using
herbin rouge caroubier instead. red ink is sometimes a necessity
rather than a matter of choice.

Come to think of it, I remember hearing the same about Vespucci, now that
you mention it, GM. I know that, a couple of years ago, it was backordered
right at the manufacturer (or was it distributor?) for a good while.

Understood about the necessity part of ink colour. [nodding] Never been in
a situation or job that required it.

BTW, off-topic question -- how is it that you still have a my-deja.com
e-mail account? Mine was repo'd about 6 months after the Google acquisition
of Dejanews. [shrugging]

Cheers,
Jimmy

Old September 6th 04, 05:52 AM
C.

said:

Jimmy rOtring Red has been cited as a "true red", but I've never
Jimmy tried it. Omas Amerigo Vespucci as well, which I do find
Jimmy is quite a "true red". I'm not partial to red inks, so I
Jimmy can't really comment on any others, beyond what I've read.

i've been told that vespucci red isn't made anymore. maybe that's
true and maybe it isn't, but it is hard to find. i've been using
herbin rouge caroubier instead. red ink is sometimes a necessity
rather than a matter of choice.

The red ink in the Pentel Color Brush # 102 is the reddest red I have
seen, and it dries the same as it goes on. I would compare it to a
naphthol red acrylic paint. This product is very hard to come by in
Canada, but seems easy to get in the U.S. The ink comes in ready to use
cartridges, and is easily squeezed out into a bottle. I have injected
the ink into Pilot Parallel Pens and cheap Sheaffers with no clogging
issues. All their colours are vibrant and opaque. The black is very
rich, and I can barely describe the blue.

Caveat, I get these products bootlegged to me, and there are no
ingredients listed. I am only reasonable sure it is ink, and not
something else, hence, the experiment in the cheap pens. Most of the
labelling is in Japanese.

C.

--

I always have fun because I'm out of my mind!!!

Old September 6th 04, 03:31 PM
David Heverly

"Jeremy" wrote in message news
(SNIP)

Finally, does anyone make a true "Fire-Engine" red ink? Something that
dries bright, and does not turn "orangy?"

Jeremy:

Levenger Cardinal Red is truly red. I tried some in cartrdige form a
few years ago. Great color. But it kept drying out. I tried it in a
Parer 45. Those caps are not air-tight, so I wonder what would happen
if I used them in a pen with an air-tight cap.

David