Rockola 454 help needed

Old April 3rd 09, 09:26 PM
[email protected] la.kings@gmail.com is offline
Junior Member

Location: Southern Cali
Default Rockola 454 help needed

Hi everyone, we're still trouble shooting our 454 and have come to a point where your help would be appreciated.

First, it looks like our gripper housing assembly is binding and we don't know how to easily remove it to "un-bind" the gears with out totally disassembling the assembly in place. Is there something we're missing? We have a working 474 that we're referencing to try and help us get it going but we didn't get the schematic manual for the 454, just the repair manual. Basically the breaker keeps tripping when the assembly gets bound. Also, the gripper (pin?/pinch?, not sure of the exact name, the part that moves in and out when grabbing and releasing the record) is not retracting completely and hits the records on the carousel as the carousel turns.

Lastly, under the turntable it appears to be lacking parts that are seen on our 474 box. The 474 manual states that some boxes don't have the parts "circled" in the manual. Is the 454 one of the boxes that doesn't typically have these parts? Just curious.

Thanks, any and all help would be appreciated. –david
Old April 4th 09, 05:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

wrote:
[...]

You DO have to take the assembly apart to clean it properly - there is
no shortcut that will avoid this for very long.

I have some pictures on the process:

http://flippers.com/Rockola-tips.html

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com