Wurlitzer OMT - Disc will not spin - help please!!

Old April 15th 18, 05:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Wurlitzer OMT - Disc will not spin - help please!!

Hi there!

We moved our UK based 240v Wurlitzer OMT via container and ship to the USA and power it through a Sayas AT-800 transformer and everything seems to power up and operate fine. Except that the disc when seated will not spin and therefore not play.

I have tried many CD's and same result. I have cleaned the laser eye with a bud. I have tested via the SCC other functions and all seems to operate well.

When selecting a disc, the disc is chosen correctly, the gripper seats it on the player but no spin and no sound. Here is a YT video showing the issue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOxc9misb0w

The laser looks fine and I would think this would not be connected to the disc not spinning. Here is a vudeo taken using a camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UH7W07QyH8

K7 looks fine and not cracked or in any bad shape. The jukebox is not worn, lightly used so I am hoping something straightforward. Help please would be great as I have looked at the manual and cannot see what it can be.

Also, I need to obtain one of the tubes that unfortunately cracked. As one looks at the JB, it is the straight tube on the right inner side. Also the plastic piece seems to have some cracking which is not in fact cracked but looks like the liqquid that maybe seeped out caused some cosmetic damage. Hopefully this video shows it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAzn69QwFOk

I really appreciate any advice on these issues!

Thank you! Alex (Seattle)
Old April 18th 18, 05:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Hi Alex,

First, the European machines should have a 120VAC setting for the mains
transformer, however the lighting may be 220 powered in which case your
step-up transformer is probably best. The machine doesn't care about
50/60 hertz, unless it is a record/vinyl machine, yours is a CD.

Does the 7-segment LED that is visible in a rectangular cutout to the
right of the CD when playing show any numbers? It should show a series
of numbers when the machine is turned on - this is the software version
as I recall. When it is ready to play it should be a Zero. Do you have
the operators manual? If so, then turn to the troubleshooting section
and follow the steps there.

We have the bubble tubes and pilaster plastics in stock. Get the part
number from the appropriate parts manual here then search my site for
the number:

https://www.flippers.com/catalog/ind...r-germany-m-25

John :-#)#

On 2018/04/14 9:23 PM, wrote:
[...]

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Old April 22nd 18, 06:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Thanks John, I am traveling for the next week but will review next weekend. I appreciate your reply.... thanks, Alex
Old April 29th 18, 02:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Hi John,

Thanks again for your email and I have ordered the parts from you and left you a question on the RH Pilaster which looks like it may be out of stock.

Regarding the fault, it appears that the CD when testing is correctly loaded (Test number 7 in the SSC) but when I then run test number 6 the CD/Player does not spin. The version number of the model SW is 0309. In the 7 segment display to the right visible through the small hole in the player, it appears to flash 08080 and when I exit out of the SSC the disc returns to the carrier.

When it was transported from the UK, I am thinking maybe something is dislofged and hopefully something simple as the OMT is still in excellent condition with probably less than 100 hours playing time.

I hope these details help and thank you again.... Alex