Help with Phillipine (?) Revenues

Old October 27th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
George

Default Help with Phillipine (?) Revenues

Each year for the past 29 years, the Quad City Stamp Club
(http://members.aol.com/pmats5/qcsc.html) has sponsored a philatelic
auction for the benefit of the American Cancer Society. 100% of the
amount bid is donated to the American Cancer Society. So far we have
given over $189,000 to the ACS.

Enough of the plug! Every once in a while, we get something in we
cannot fully identify. This year it appears to be these pages of what
may be Phillipine revenues and revenue stamped paper. Question? Is
there any significant value to these items? Should it be a separate
lot with what auction estimate? Or should we just lump it in with the
rest of the pages this donor gave us. The other pages were
identifiable stamps with a catalog value of $187.

Here is a link to the set of images for the items in question:

http://members.aol.com/pmats11/soc/phi.htm

Thanks for any help,

George Pettigrew
Stamp Out Cancer Auction
Quad City Stamp Club

Old October 27th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
TC

On 27 Oct 2006 11:30:25 -0700, "George" wrote:

[...]

Hello George:

You are correct that they are revenues / stamped paper of
the Phillipines. Design is similar to Spanish revenues.

For issues up to 1915, they should be listed in Forbin.
http://www.revenue-collector.com/forbin.shtml

Barefoot has a series of Catalogues of revenues from
different countries.
http://www.jbarefoot.co.uk/

Their lastest catalogue for SE Asia is due out in November.
http://www.jbarefoot.co.uk/stock.htm?item=462

Blair