(RCSD) Carriacou where R U ???

Old January 2nd 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael

Default (RCSD) Carriacou where R U ???

2005 Scott catalog, volume 1, A-B index lists Carriacou as:
451, Vol 2, Vol 4, Vol 5, Vol 6...Well page 451 is 1999 Argentina.
Volume 2, C-F index lists: 451, Vol 1, Vol 4, Vol 5, Vol 6.
Well again, page 451 is 1975 Congo, Peoples Republic.
Volume 4, J-O index lists: 482..nope, that is1990 Luxembourg
Volume 5, P-Sl index lists: Vol 3
Volume 6, So-Z index lists 451..nope, that is1980 Thailand
Volume 3, G-I is not mentioned anywhere. There is a stamp in Grenada
Grenadines that might possible be the one I am looking for. There is
no indication the stamp has Carriacou, Petit Martinique on the face.
Anyone have a better catalog to confirm the face of the Grenada
Grenadines stamp? It is April 29, 2003, Scott 2461 Embroidery Teddy
Bear.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one
( I still hate Verizon, passiuonately! )
Old January 2nd 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jan 2, 3:42 pm, Ralphael wrote:
[...]

Grenada, Carriacou, and Petite Martinique
Grenada is an independent country of 3 islands, within the British
Commonwealth. Located about 100 miles north of Venezuela, at the
southern extremity of the Windward Islands between the Eastern
Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. St Vincent and the Grenadines
lie close by to the North, and Trinidad and Tobago lie to the South.
Geographic Coordinates: 12°07"N, 61°40"W

Carriacou is a part of the Grenadines of Grenada.
http://www.carriacou.net/site_graphi..._map_large.jpg

Some stamps
http://www.captaincooksociety.com/31ay.jpg
http://stamp-search.com/images/grs0301sh-yr4ram.jpg

Here is a 1912 postcard from Scotland to Carriacou, Grenada
(with Postmarks)
http://www.pennymead.com/images/Gren...renada1912.jpg

Blair

Old January 2nd 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

[...]

A better map:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/maps/...renada_map.gif

Blair

Old January 3rd 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael

On Jan 2, 4:45*pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
[...]

Blair- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Blair, but I already know all of this. I haven't been to
Carriacou but I have been to Grenada several times as well as all of
the major islands in the Caribbean.
I just want to know if the Grenada Grenadines Scott 2461 is the
Carriacou & Petit Martinique stamp.

RtOo
Old January 3rd 08, 11:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 2 Jan, 21:42, Ralphael wrote:

There is a stamp in Grenada
Grenadines that might possible be the one I am looking for. There is
no indication the stamp has Carriacou, Petit Martinique on the face.
Anyone have a better catalog to confirm the face of the Grenada
Grenadines stamp? It is April 29, 2003, Scott 2461 Embroidery Teddy
Bear.

Teddy is at the bottom he
http://www.stanleygibbons.com/newiss...nadine s&pg=9
(If that link fails, go to http://www.stanleygibbons.com/newissues/
select Grenada Grenadines and page 9.) The stamp is, indeed, inscribed
CARRIACOU & PETIT MARTINIQUE, but there is no map, if that's what you
were expecting.

Chris
Old January 3rd 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael

Teddy is at the bottom hehttp://www.stanleygibbons.com/newiss...d=results&coun...
(If that link fails, go tohttp://www.stanleygibbons.com/newissues/
select Grenada Grenadines and page 9.) The stamp is, indeed, inscribed
CARRIACOU & PETIT MARTINIQUE, but there is no map, if that's what you
were expecting.

Chris

Mnay thanks Chris, that is exactly what I was looking for.
Scott catalog really screwed up on this one and has not corrected the
mistake as of the 2007 catalog.

Ralphael, the OLD one