1883/2 Shield Nickel in ABPN

Old November 24th 04, 06:44 AM
Aladdin Sane

Default 1883/2 Shield Nickel in ABPN

What do you think?
--
*
/?\
/___\
-O=O-
^
AS & His Magic Hat

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.

Old November 25th 04, 05:23 AM
James Higby

I've compared your scan with the pix in Fletcher. None of the overdate pix
matches with regard to the relationship between the 8s and the shield ball.
In fact, it looks more like one of the pix of 1882. Take a real careful
look at that 4th digit under a glass.

My unofficial, unscientific guess is that only 1 or 2 out of a hundred
alleged 1883/2 shield nickels actually are the overdate - and I've looked at
a ton of them.

"Aladdin Sane" wrote in message

What do you think?
--
*
/?\

Old November 25th 04, 06:01 AM
Aladdin Sane

Thanks for the input. I may take it to a local dealer on Friday or
Saturday.

--
*
/?\