Kaweco Modified Eyedropper Fountain Pens Now Available @ Swisher Pens

Old June 9th 05, 04:16 PM
Chuck Swisher

Default Kaweco Modified Eyedropper Fountain Pens Now Available @ Swisher Pens

Hello,

If you were at the Raleigh Show this past weekend you might have seen and
even tried one of these Kaweco pens that were modified by Nathan Tardif so
they can be used as Eyedroppers. If not, I've taken a couple photos that
should give you a pretty good idea as to the modifications made to allow use
of these pens as Eyedroppers. In the photo of the fountain pen you should
be able to see that 2 O-rings have been added to prevent leakage. The Ink
Rollers only have one O-ring, but will be increased to 2 on the next batch
sent for conversion.

Kaweco (modified Eyedropper) Fountain Pen

http://www.swisherpens.com/Noodlers_...val-Orange.jpg

Kaweco (modified Eyedropper) Ink Rollers

http://www.swisherpens.com/cspens/Ka...Roller_EDs.jpg

We've already sold out of some colors in the Ink rollers but should be
getting more in a few weeks. As of yesterday, we had all colors of the
fountain pen available (some but not all colors are available with broad,
medium and fine nibs). One thing that Nathan wanted me to mention about
using these pens as Eyedroppers is that once you use 2/3's of the ink, you
should refill the pen to prevent the nibs from leaking into the caps.

To place an order, please use the following links:

Fountain Pens - http://www.nexternal.com/swisher/?Product=1536

Ink Rollers - http://www.nexternal.com/swisher/?Product=1519

These pens can still be used with cartridges and the small converter made by
Monteverde (thanks Sam!).

Thanks for looking!

Best wishes,

Chuck Swisher -

Swisher Pens, Inc. -
www.swisherpens.com

Tele: (757) 471-7445, TF: 1-888-340-7367, Fax: (757) 925-2787

Old June 9th 05, 07:21 PM
*david*

I just got one of the roller model, and have been using it for a couple
of days. It's a very convenient size and shape for carrying (no clip -
just dump it in your pocket or purse). I filled mine with Noodler's
black ink, and the flow is very good - except I have to shake the pen
to "get it going" if I haven't used it for a while. Otherwise, a nice
wet & even line.
Thanks to Nathan for a useful pen modification, and to Swisher for
carrying them.

(I have no connection to either of them, except as a customer)

Old June 10th 05, 12:36 AM
Chuck Swisher

David wrote:

I just got one of the roller model, and have been using it for a couple
of days. It's a very convenient size and shape for carrying (no clip -
just dump it in your pocket or purse). I filled mine with Noodler's
black ink, and the flow is very good - except I have to shake the pen
to "get it going" if I haven't used it for a while. Otherwise, a nice
wet & even line.
Thanks to Nathan for a useful pen modification, and to Swisher for
carrying them.

Hi David,

Just curious if you have to shake it after leaving it set uncapped or
capped? I've left the fountain pens uncapped all day at the Raleigh Show
and it just took a little shake to get them started using the new Noodler's
Eternal Swishmix inks (these should be restocked in a couple of weeks with a
total of 5 or 6 colors). These inks are a mixture of our Exclusive
Noodler's waterproof inks and our Swisher Pens fast drying inks, giving you
a permanent ink which dries somewhat faster and flows a bit better in some
(most) modern pens with stingy feeds. At this time we are only going to
offer them in the 4.5 oz. Eyedropper bottles but may offer it in the smaller
Noodler's bottle if the demand warrants. Thanks for your order, hope you
enjoy your pen.

Old June 10th 05, 04:54 AM
*david*

This is the roller, left for a few hours, capped, on a desk. It doesn't
take a great amount of shaking, just that it's noticeable because most
rollers and FP's I've used didn't need any.
After I get it going it runs quite wet with Noodler's regular black.