Australian 50c Gold Medalist stamps

Old June 6th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
zzron

Default Australian 50c Gold Medalist stamps

Hi

Can anyone please tell me the dates of issue of the Australian 50c Beijing
Gold Medalist stamps?

Ron

Old June 6th 09, 05:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

G'day Ron,
I make it 1st October 2008

gold medallists supplement 0453235 $7
gold medallists optional 0453236 $70

Old June 6th 09, 06:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Oops, I blundered there Ron
I cannot find the date in question,
each stamp was issued after the event, then there was the complete
set in a "beijing set" $96
The Aust Post Bulletin appears not to have advised the issue dates
unless I have missed it.

Old June 6th 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 5, 10:00*pm, "zzron" wrote:
Hi

Can anyone please tell me the dates of issue of the Australian 50c Beijing
Gold Medalist stamps?

Ron

Hello Ron:

There were 14 stamps issued on different dates.
(links point to scans of the FDCs)

FDC 1 (11 Aug 2008)
STEPHANIE RICE
Swimming: Women's 400m Individual Medley
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132687_o.jpg

FDC 2 (12 Aug 2008)
LISBETH TRICKETT
SWIMMING: WOMEN'S 100M BUTTERFLY
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132696_o.jpg

FDC 3 (13 Aug 2008)
LEISEL JONES
SWIMMING: WOMEN'S 100M BREASTSTROKE
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132701_o.jpg

FDC 4 (14 Aug 2008)
STEPHANIE RICE
SWIMMING: WOMEN'S 200M INDIVIDUAL MEDLEY
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132705_o.jpg

FDC 5 (15 Aug 2008)
SWIMMING
WOMEN'S 4 X 200M FREESTYLE RELAY
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132710_o.jpg

FDC 6 (18 Aug 2008)
DREW GINN & DUNCAN FREE
ROWING: MEN'S PAIR
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132717_o.jpg

FDC 7 (18 Aug 2008)
DAVID CRAWSHAY & SCOTT BRENNAN
ROWING: MEN'S DOUBLE SCULLS
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132723_o.jpg

FDC 8 (18 Aug 2008)
SWIMMING
WOMEN'S 4 X 100M MEDLEY RELAY
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132727_o.jpg

FDC 9 (19 Aug 2008)
EMMA SNOWSILL
WOMEN'S TRIATHLON
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132732_o.jpg

FDC 10 (19 Aug 2008)
MALCOLM PAGE & NATHAN WILMOT
SAILING: MEN'S 470
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132736_o.jpg

FDC 11 (19 Aug 2008)
TESSA PARKINSON & ELISE RECHICHI
SAILING: WOMEN'S 470
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132831_o.jpg

FDC 12 (23 Aug 2008)
KEN WALLACE
CANOE / KAYAK: MEN'S K-1 500M
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132832_o.jpg

FDC 13 (25 Aug 2008)
STEVEN HOOKER
ATHLETICS: MEN'S POLE VAULT
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132835_o.jpg

FDC 14 (25 Aug 2008)
MATTHEW MITCHAM
DIVING: MEN'S 10M PLATFORM
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0...67132838_o.jpg

Technical Details

Issue date: Recorded as time of availability
Denominations: 50c
Designer: Sally Piskuric
Printer (lithography): Energi Print
Paper (all): Tullis Russell
Printing process: Lithography & digital
Stamp size: 35mm x 35mm
Sheetlet size: 148mm x 210mm
Perforations: 14.28 x 14.28
Sheet layout: Sheetlet of 10
Postmark: National Philatelic Centre Melbourne Olympics FDI postmark

I hope that this answers your question.

Blair
Old June 6th 09, 10:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 6, 5:13*am, Blair wrote:

FDC 12 * (23 Aug 2008)
KEN WALLACE
CANOE / KAYAK: MEN'S K-1 500Mhttp://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/0/4/2/3/webimg/167132832_o.jpg

CORRECTION (typo)

Issue date for stamp 12 should be 25 August 2008 (not the 23).

Blair

Old June 6th 09, 11:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

The complete set or so it seems,
$94.95
http://cjoint.com/data/ggmBFt2GRk.htm

Old June 7th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
zzron

Hi
Many thanks to Blair, Rodney and any others who took the trouble to respond
to my request. I am impressed by the helpfulness of the readers of this
list.

Thanks!

Ron