Coin Talk Needs You

Old September 12th 03, 01:24 PM
Peter T Davis

Well, that's exactly the problem there. Tons of people are coming in to
Cointalk through the search engines seeking information, and there's not
enough good information posted for the newbies to find there. Take this for
example..... go to Google and search for "asa accugrade".... say you're a
newbie looking for information on this "great" grading service .... you find
their own website listed first, but you're looking for unbiased info, so
who's listed second? Click on that link you get a long bit of stuff posted
by Marotta. Now, is there anyone here who'd like to add something to that
conversation? Or, do you think it's okay that the information newbies are
finding about ASA Accugrade is just what Marotta has to say on the subject?

I realize that people spend a lot of time here at RCC, and that's great,
Cointalk isn't a replacement for that. Cointalk is like RCC in a way, but
for people who can't, or won't, get into USENET. There are far more people
using Google to find information than are going to USENET. It's fine with
me also for someone to post the same exact info they post on RCC at Cointalk
too, just take a few seconds to cut and paste it. RCC has great
information, just not everyone is going to find it here. And, the ones that
aren't going to find it are more likely to be the ones looking for
information on subjects like the one I gave as an example above.
Peter
http://www.cointalk.org

"Chrysta Wilson" wrote in message
Hi Peter...I haven't been on Cointalk for a long time...the last few
times I was there it just didn't have much going on, but I see I will
have to visit it again. I just barely even have time to read RCC just
lately, but I'll get there! (something like 700 unread messages on RCC
for me right now, to give you an idea, and usually I check in several
times a day, not once every several days like I have lately!)
--
~~~Chrysta~~~

ANA#R-206318

My Collection: http://www.chrystawilson.com

The Truth About Eric Tillery:
http://www.chrystawilson.com/aboutk6az.html

Old September 12th 03, 04:20 PM
Edward McGrath

DANGER COINTALK IS MODERATED!!!!!!

Old September 12th 03, 05:47 PM
Peter T Davis

Yes, it is.
Peter
http://www.cointalk.org

Old September 12th 03, 05:47 PM
Peter T Davis

It's actually not that new of a post. What's new is that it's now showing
up when people search for ASA Accugrade at places like Google, and it's
pulling new viewers daily.
Peter
http://www.cointalk.org

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:24:11 -0400, "Peter T Davis"
wrote:

Or, do you think it's okay that the information newbies are
finding about ASA Accugrade is just what Marotta has to say on the

subject?

Oops. I see Michael has posted more of his wisdom on the subject of
Accugrade, this time with a new post at Coin Talk. What a hoot.
Michael talks about Accugrade's good name and that "ignorant
collectors" have made "wild and unsupportable accusations" against it.
Then at the end of his post, he says, "Get the facts." What a hoot.

Go to Coin Talk to see the entirety of Michael's wisdom --
www.cointalk.org.

--

Coin Collecting: Consumer Guide: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Glomming: Coin Connoisseurship: http://rg.ancients.info/glom

Old September 12th 03, 05:50 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Peter T Davis wrote:

It's actually not that new of a post. What's new is that it's now showing
up when people search for ASA Accugrade at places like Google, and it's
pulling new viewers daily.
Peter
http://www.cointalk.org

Your post attracted my attention for a single viewing, Peter. I see
Reid Goldsborough listed as a 'Site Moderator'. The appropriate analogy
would be Pee Wee Herman as the spotter at a Bench Press contest.

Alan
'no bookmark for me, thanks'
Old September 12th 03, 06:30 PM
Ian

Alan & Erin Williams wrote:

Peter T Davis wrote:

It's actually not that new of a post. What's new is that it's now showing
up when people search for ASA Accugrade at places like Google, and it's
pulling new viewers daily.
Peter
http://www.cointalk.org

Your post attracted my attention for a single viewing, Peter. I see
Reid Goldsborough listed as a 'Site Moderator'. The appropriate analogy
would be Pee Wee Herman as the spotter at a Bench Press contest.

Alan
'no bookmark for me, thanks'

Can you give me an inkling as to where that is listed Alan? I wasn't
aware of that.

Ian

Old September 12th 03, 06:33 PM
Peter T Davis

"Ian" wrote in message
Can you give me an inkling as to where that is listed Alan? I wasn't
aware of that.

Ian

It's not listed, I'm not sure why he's saying this.
Peter
http://www.cointalk.org

How to avoid getting cheated on eBay - periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 1 August 16th 03 01:30 AM
Coin grading/authentication services -- periodic post Linda Coins 6 August 8th 03 06:25 AM
A coin I like but you probably won't Bill Krummel Coins 11 August 3rd 03 01:50 PM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM
Coin returns and a question about toning Bill Krummel Coins 28 July 11th 03 02:09 AM