Romania - Fondul Aviatiei

Old June 17th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Larry at Berkeley, California

Default Romania - Fondul Aviatiei

I have two stamps marked Romania, Fondul-Aviatiei (10 and 20 Bani)
showing a seaplane. I do not find these in Scott. What are they,
please?

Larry in Berkeley, California

Old June 17th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jun 16, 8:12 pm, "Larry at Berkeley, California"
wrote:
I have two stamps marked Romania, Fondul-Aviatiei (10 and 20 Bani)
showing a seaplane. I do not find these in Scott. What are they,
please?

Larry in Berkeley, California

Larry, could you please post a scan for us?

See note in Scott after postal tax stamp RA21.
"Two stamps similar to type PT5 but inscribed
Fondul Aviatiei were issued in 1936.
10 b sepia + 20 b violet"
Proceeds for National Fund for Aviation.

To modernize the Romanian Royal Air Force,
King Carol II decided to issue mandatory stamps
inscribed "Fondul Aviatiei" or "Timbrul Aviatiei".

For several years all these mandatory stamps were
found on covers and postcards along with the postal
ones, making all these items very attractive.

Article on Aviation Fund stamps (English) .
http://www.revenues.ro/pagini/aviatie.htm

I found a mention on a Romanian site that says
there were 3 values for Fondul Aviatiei in 1936.
Michel lists the 3 stamps # Mi 23-25, inscribed Fondul Aviatiei in
1936
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/9/0...4275476_tp.jpg

Blair

Old June 17th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

On Jun 17, 4:11 am, "Blair (TC)" wrote:

Larry, could you please post a scan for us?

Many thanks, Blauir and to Rod also for the info. Sorry I missed the
Scott footnotes. I guess the ones I have are the ones "used to pay on
other than postal matters" as they are vaguely similar to PT6.

I have no place to post a scan but will be happy to send a jpg image
to anyone who asks by e-mail.

Larry in Berkeley

Old June 17th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Larry wrote :
I have no place to post a scan but will be happy to send a jpg image
to anyone who asks by e-mail.

Larry,

You may send a scan to me at this address :
courtiade at free dot fr

I then will give here on rcsd a link to see your scan.
HTH

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Old June 17th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Here is the URL for Larry's scan :

http://picasaweb.google.fr/Courtiade...68111022440370

--
Pierre Courtiade

Old June 18th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Larry at Berkeley, California" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 17, 4:11 am, "Blair (TC)" wrote:

Larry, could you please post a scan for us?

I have no place to post a scan but will be happy to send a jpg image
to anyone who asks by e-mail.
Larry in Berkeley

If you send me a copy, I can place it on CJoint for the members Larry.

Old June 18th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Rod wrote :

If you send me a copy, I can place it on CJoint for the members Larry.

Tooooooooooooooooooo late, Rod :-))))

Look at my post sent about 3 hours before yours :

And again, here is the URL to Larry's scan :

Old June 18th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Larry at Berkeley, California

On Jun 18, 2:00 am, "Pierre COURTIADE" wrote:
And again, here is the URL to Larry's scan :http://picasaweb.google.fr/Courtiade...iei/photo#5077...

Pierre

Thanks again, Pierre, for your courtesy.

Larry in Berkeley, California

Old June 18th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message

Tooooooooooooooooooo late, Rod :-))))

Hah!
you rapscallion!
You are leaner than me, so can run faster

Old June 17th 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

G'day Larry,
you shall find them he
http://www.revenues.ro/pagini/aviatie.htm